Chapter 22

Word count: 2189

Rosa's POV

*

Imagine my surprise when someone visited Gonzalo's office, specifically asking for me.

And even when I refused to see him, he still managed to barge in, with our secretary hot on his tail. If he had done this when Gonzalo was around, I wouldn't have cared about it one bit because then, Gonzalo would be the one to deal with him but this man came here now when I was alone in this office and didn't know what to tell him or guess what his real motives were.

Yes, this person is none other than Brent, Gonzalo's cousin who was taken to some BDSM club and given the G-torture several weeks back.

Now here he was, with the secretary shouting that I was on an important call and couldn't see him at the moment but he just totally ignored her.

"What are you doing here?"

I got up from my seat and rested my palms on the table, focusing my full attention on him and trying to act fierce even though that wasn't how I felt at the moment.

The sight of him scared me.

Brent was as pale as sheet, with sweat covering his face in his casual clothes. There was no trace of the graceful and elegant aura from the last time I saw him. He wore pale blue shirt and faded blue pants. His eyes kept darting around every now and then as if he was scared that something would come out of a hidden corner and eat him up.

He was limping a little too.

"What are you doing here Brent?" I narrowed my eyes at him as I repeated the question.

Romeo barged in, looking alarmed at the sight of the man in the office. "How did he get in here?"

He faced Anne, the secretary who shook her head with fear in her eyes. He motioned for her to leave and she did immediately.

"I should be asking you that question Romeo. What happened to the bodyguards at the entrance?"

As if on cue, the so called bodyguards rushed in., looking at each other at the sight of me, Romeo and Brent, their boss's cousin.

"What happened?" I asked them and crossed my arms.

"There wa-"

"Regardless of whatever there was, you don't just leave your position. You were posted there for a reason." I scolded them and they looked down to show they were sorry for what they did.

"It'll never happen again, boss lady." They chorused.

"I can see my presence here alone has caused such a ruckus." Brent laughed boisterously. The bodyguards tried to grab him but I motioned for them to stop and they did.

"Like hell it did! What are you doing here? How did a trash like you even get past the security and manage to find your way up here?" I sneered.

"He's coming for you and even hell won't separate you from the impending doom he has planned. You're all high and mighty now but it won't last for long " He laughed louder.

Romeo was staring at him with a frown, as if he was thinking hard about something.

"He will get his vengeance, for everything. The sight of him alone is enough t-"

"Shut up Brent!" Romeo snapped.

"You know it's true!" Brent shouted back, turning around to send Romeo a harsh glare that didn't quite do the trick because all Romeo seemed to want at this moment was to put a bullet in Brent's skull.