Chapter 23

My shout-out goes to Malawi, Mauritius, Maui and Cotonu. Please leave a note and comment your thoughts on the chapter to support me as an author ♥️

Word count: 1950

Rosa's POV

*

Romeo said Gonzalo wouldn't be happy when he heard about Brent's visit to the office. But he never said Gonzalo would be pissed and break everything around him.

"Gonzalo please calm down." I tried to coax him. He couldn't always resort to breaking things whenever he was displeased with something.

"Don't!" He raised a hand to silence me, not giving me the chance to even speak a word.

"Okay, I won't come near you. Just stop breaking things."

"I can't promise Rosa. What exactly were his words?" He leveled Romeo a chilling stare.

"He's coming for you, and for Ro- our Phoenix." He corrected. "He said even hell won't separate him from achieving the plans he has prepared for you."

"Hahahahahahahaha!" Gonzalo suddenly began to laugh out loud, his eyes going fierce.

"Go now, do as we prepared. Go for Plan C."

"I- plan C?" Romeo's eyes widened a little.

What was the plan C they were talking about? If Gonzalo's twisted smile was anything to go by, then I would dare say plan C wouldn't be something good.

Were they going to attack this Gonzalo's brother? Was he really Gonzalo's brother, anyway? If he was, why did Gonzalo keep denying relations with him?

What happened in the past?

Why could the brothers never see eye to eye?

"Yes. Go with the idiots that were stationed to always be with Rosa." He ordered. "Take just two back ups with you and you know better than to get back here alive without completing the mission. Now leave." He stated dismissively.

Romeo nodded curtly and left.

Sighing, I sent a text to Agatha to please send in maids to clean Gonzalo's room up.

He could go ballistic if I tried to leave the room, thinking I wanted to leave him.

"How was your day?" I asked carefully.

Gonzalo smiled at me. "Lovely. The meeting went well, I went with one of the girls we rescued from the hideout and she was able to help me convince the man to do our bidding.

"I could've gone with you." I smiled fondly and held his hand to lead him to the edge of the bed.

My words made his forehead crunch up into a frown.

"Look what happened even when I left you at the office, you succeeded in flirting with my PA. How do you expect me to trust you with such a sleazy old man?"

I gasped at his words and slapped his shoulder very hard. "Is that all you think of me, Gonzalo? A flirt?" I snapped.

His eyes twinkled and he reached in to swiftly lock our lips, as if my outburst didn't happen. The whole thing caught me off guard.

A knock on the door had me pushing him away and scowling at him "Don't change the topic."

"I didn't. You just looked so adorable trying to look fierce, I couldn't help swooping in for a kiss on your delicious looking lips." He stated seriously and I mentally groaned.