Chapter 42

Word count: 2098

Rosa's POV

*

Last week was my birthday.

December 1st.

Greta is December twenty six while Leo is on the third of February.

When Gonzalo had asked me to make a wish as I cut my cake, I'd wished out loud in front of my family and workers that I wished I could resume work.

We'd been married for a while and also, I'd been staying at home far too long that I was beginning to go crazy. While I loved hanging out with my siblings and getting reports on the happenings in the mansion, I would much rather prefer doing something I actually enjoyed, like my actual work as a personal assistant.

Gonzalo had accepted my requests but told me we would do things on his terms because I was now not only his caregiver but also his wife.

We'd argued about it later after my celebration and I had insisted that I would work Monday to Friday and make sure to rest enough on Saturday and Sunday, managing to convince him in a gentle manner that I really wanted to pursue my passion and stand by his side in the business world.

And that night had ended with him making hot love to me as he told me he got aroused by just hearing me say I wanted to stand by his side in the business world.

Fast-forward to the next Monday and here we were, at the office.

I'd decided to work here for a bit in Romeo's office because we had a discussion about some meetings scheduled for the first week of January next year and we needed to confirm with the partners to know their schedule because they were Chinese and some of their holiday season and calendar year was quite different from ours.

"What do you think about Collins and sons?" Romeo suddenly asked me while I was going through the product designs sent in by the special team we'd hired on a side project. 

"After a careful review of the proposal and the background check we've done on them, I'd say they're an okay group to make collaborations with. But we need to test the waters first. The proposal was too neat, considering the benefits we'll be getting. It feels more like they're kissing our butts."

Romeo crossed his arms over his chest. "But they know the security that comes with working with us. We're tested and trusted from the very beginning and you know very well that were good at what we do."

I rolled my eyes, scoffing.

"Fine. Let's give them a chance. Observe them for two months and see how things goes. If nothing suspicious comes up, then we can just get rid of the clauses in the unsigned contract and draft the original one."

"Let's do that." Romeo told me as he drummed on his table and shifted closer to his desk, preparing to get back to work.

Gonzalo was out for am important meeting with some Indian investors and wouldn't be back till an hour. He'd been gone since eleven AM. Adam had escorted him, having dealt with his relationship issues for good because he discovered that the woman he was dating all along had been lying to him.

She'd faked pregnancy a few times and also faked the miscarriages. He recently learnt about it from his cousin who was a colleague to the doctor they usually visited whenever she had her miscarriages. The doctor had explained to Adam's cousin how the lady wept to him on private, saying she was being maltreated by Adam (which was a lie since he treated her like a precious gem) and she didn't want any attachments to him in case she wanted to leave.

If not for his cousin that was recently transferred to the hospital whom the other doctor confided in, this would've gone on and on, further ruining Adam's life.