//50//

Congrats, if you're reading this you've made it (and I have made it) to the last chapter. I am a busy busy person but this finally turned out the way I wanted it and I apologize for the wait but the good things in life take time.... yep... there goes my ego. Enjoy it :) Love you all

-Hannah            

ALSO LOUIS KISSING A MONKEY C'MON MAN.

Lydia’s POV

            “He’s so gorgeous, you have no idea. It’s even better in person.” Cassandra bragged to Madi, both women wearing tight black dresses that displayed a number of curves to the on looking society of the world’s finest Scientists.

            “High quality cannot do him justice.” Josh groaned from alongside Madi, and although he would be hot and heavy with Louis if ever given the opportunity, I think it was safe to say he’d developed a slight crush on the miniature brunette that floated through crowds like a pixie.

            I just smirked though, trying to pretend that the tectonic plates didn’t feel like they were converging under my feet and sending my heart into a frenzy.

            My eyes staying locked on the gates of the Nobel conference, the names and brilliance pouring through the doors were nothing compared to the beautiful blue eyed man that held the entirety of my heart alongside his own.

            Ten days.

Ten days without Louis Tomlinson, ten days since I’d hugged him and he’d kissed my forehead until Markus yelled at us. Not even two weeks and I was already yelling at my bed for having cold spaces where Louis’ ass should have been.

Forty-eight hours.

Forty-eight hours until he would leave for a non-negotiable tour.

Forty-eight hours until we began a much longer countdown, and I was dreading it.

It was giving a child candy for two days and then pulling them off right after. Except it was a little more explicit, because no one should be allowed to give me his body for only two days knowing that I wouldn’t be able to trace every line of it for three months.

It was for that reason that I was blaming him for being the most attractive person in the history of ever.

            “He’s seriously so gorgeous.” Cass repeated, looking around curiously at the hundreds of researchers we’d read about and worshipped since before we could pronounce our own names.

            They were all here, the biggest names at the conference possessing my last name and standing just feet away. The familiar outlines of my parents laughing along to a biology joke caught in my peripheral as I waited impatiently to bring my two lives together.

            “Just go wait up there for him, what are they going to do, tell you no?” Cass chuckled good naturedly, but she’d never had to deal with the security that her high-profit boyfriend supplied, and to be completely honest, neither had I and I was terrified of them.

            There were a good dozen bodyguards at least, all of them lining the inside walls of the conference, their black suits making them look like something out of a movie. None of the faces were familiar though, and I felt my heart sink the closer my feet brought me.