//8//

Lydia’s POV

            “No sleeping with her.”

            The stern tone Markus had used was nearly imbedded into the gray matter of my brain. The words echoing through my head on repeat as I sat on the plush leather couch, in an attempt to organize my now jumbled thoughts.

            Louis had disappeared into his room quite some time ago, a worried crease lining his tan forehead and contradicting the anger behind his bright eyes.

            Neither of us had spoken a word to each other or anyone else since Markus had so wonderfully interjected with his insulting remark.

            Who the hell did he think I was? Some skank from off the streets?

            It was thoughts like those that were running through my head, and I was left in silence to them as the only sound in the foreign apartment was that of Louis rustling around some unknown item in another room.

            The apartment was one of those kinds you saw on magazine covers, it was entirely too big for just one person and incredibly square.

            Everything was boring, from the white walls and carpet to the matching black and white furniture. Even the pictures were monochromatic with impersonal photographs of flowers and tropical beaches.

            The place would have looked uninhabited if it weren’t for the muddy trails Louis’ vans had made on the granite floor as he kicked his shoes off, and left them wherever they’d happened to land.

            Did I really look like someone he’d take home just for a night?

            I brought my thoughts back to my current issue, it had been nagging at me now for such a long time that I wondered if Louis had in fact actually brought me into his apartment for that sole reason.

            It wasn’t as though it had been easy for Markus to convince whoever was on the other line that I was an ‘ok’ choice of friend for the pop star. There had been a lot of bickering, profanities and “yes she’ll be out of there before a story can be made of it.” When Markus had finally hung up with a resounding sigh, and a rub of his hand over his shiny head. I expected the answer to be no, but when he’d nodded in our direction and started barking orders for the car to be moved to the entrance, it had suddenly sunk in.

            I was going to Louis house.

            He was going to answer my question.

            I was going to Louis house.

            Never once in the car ride had I worried about the prospect of other potential intentions. Clearly I should have though, because taking someone like Louis at face value –as I had- had obviously been a mistake.

            “Sorry love, had to clean up a bit.” Louis unnaturally high voice scared me nearly a foot out of my seat, the soft shuffling of his feet coming to an irregularly beat with my fast pumping heart.

            “You scared the shit out of me.” I remarked quietly, unwilling to look behind me and see him nearing the couch. All of my thoughts had left me even more scrambled than before, and slightly uncomfortable with the position that I had just half an hour ago been jumping with joy about.