//14//

Lydia's POV

A bunch of wildly flying colors were rolling over the TV screen as a range of disgusting music with a too loud beat flew through.

"Fuck!" I stood up from David's lap, stubbing my toe on the coffee table and spilling my cheap college beer all over the floor. "Get the motherfucking door!" I screamed at Josh's amused expression, his arm was already around some poor brunette -or maybe her hair was purple? I couldn't even tell because of this shitty lighting. Evidently mood lights were 'in,' so Cassandra had gone out and bought shallowly lit froyo light bulbs.

"Hey! Louis!" I heard Josh calling from the door, and it took me forever to locate the sound of his voice. The room was moving faster than my brain. The beer cans seemed to have already piled up on my nice rugs even though it was only around eleven at night.

"He's here!" Suddenly Cassandra was up in my face, her black hair straighter than I was.

"He's here? Who's here?" I giggled, reaching around her body to grab the cup of pink frothy liquid from her hands.

"Louis' here, stop drinking my alcohol you bitch." Cassandra was laughing, her crop top sporting a Jack Daniels logo.

"That is disgusting." I pointed to her shirt, trying desperately to remember what we were talking about before I started draining her drink. I licked my lips, finishing off the last of what tasted like a jolly rancher dipped in rubbing alcohol

There was shit everywhere in here. It hadn't been more than an hour and a half, tops, but already there was probably twenty-five people crowding the tiny apartment. Every single one of them at a different level of intoxication.

"Lydie!" A high voice called my name. I spun on my socks, nearly falling into the TV before an arm snaked around my waist and pulled me back against him.

"Ezzie!" I squealed, holding my arms out and jumping up and down in David's grip to greet the platinum blonde.

"You bitch! I haven't seen you since you switched to the Mammalia exhibit!" Esmé was, as usual, dressed to European perfection. I don't think I'd ever seen her in anything American made. Even now, she was wearing a black cutout dress that hung to her like a second skin.

"How do you never overdress." I leaned against David, a little wobbly on my feet.

"People expect me to show up like this." Esmé grinned, she was already downing her first solo cup like a champ. "Is this the Mr.?" She pointed to David with a suggestive smirk, her violet contacts shone in fragments against the poor lighting.

"No, we're just fucking." I answered her without thinking, covering my hand over my mouth when David's body started shaking with laughter.

"That's how you play it isn't it? Well there's a few hot single guys here, have you seen that one? I didn't know these were celebrity parties?" Esmé teased, pointing off in the distance to an incredibly familiar head of fluffy brown hair.

"Louis!" I squealed, finally remembering what Cassandra had been telling me. I was jumping up and down in David's arms again, grinning like an idiot when he finally turned his head away from whatever he was looking at.

"Lydia!" Louis face lit up into a smile. He patted someone on the back before making his way through the crowds of Ecology majors and over to Esmé, David and I.

"You look great!" I greeted him, everyone seemed ten times nicer when I was drunk.

"You do too," he chuckled at me. There was a bottle of beer in his hand, it was only partially finished but he looked just fine.