//9//

Lydia’s POV

            “Goddammit!” I shouted, throwing my pencil at the wall and repeatedly hitting my laptop screen as if it would give me a different answer.

            “You made a mark on the wall.” Josh’s laughter echoed through the room. He’d been here with me since Markus had so kindly dropped me off over three hours ago, and I had basically ignored his company. I was more focused on how many times I could re-read that letter until it voided itself.

            “It’s not fucking funny!” I pulled on my hair, Louis beanie long since falling onto the floor in my desperate attempt to make myself bald.

            “You freak out over the dumbest shit Lyd, just say no if you don’t want to do it.” Josh appeared in the doorway. He was leaning against the frame in stark contrast to Louis, but instead of a soft, semi-melodic voice coming from a god-like brunette I was faced with the harsh reality of a lanky blonde who called himself my best friend.

            “It’s not dumb ‘shit,’ Josh. I can’t say no because then everyone will think that everything I’ve worked my entire life for, is a joke.” I was frantic now that I had left the warm bubble of Louis’ free-spirited laughter. Once again becoming caught up in the anger that he had quite quickly dissipated.

            “You can say you’re not ready for that kind of a commitment Lydia! You’re going halfway across the world for god’s sake! No one, not even your parents, and don’t give me that argument because you know they won’t even bat an eye if you say no. No one cane make you go. If it’s this big of a deal, wait! There will be other opportunities!” Josh was getting frustrated with me, you could tell in the tiny frown that had etched itself into his pale face and the slightly better posture he had adopted in the last two minutes.

            “I just feel like now I have to, and-“

            “Lydia shut up. Just seriously stop talking. You’re freaking yourself out now.” Josh cut me off, walking forwards to lean against the island, his face becoming eye-level with my crossed legs as he rested his head on the cool granite.

            “I have to figure out what I’m going to do Josh, it’s already on goo-“

            “How’s that celebrity boyfriend of yours?” Josh interrupted again, and I just barely caught his wiggling eyebrows peeking over the edge of my shorts.

            “Wow, really funny.” I rolled my eyes, taking Josh’s advice and closing the tab that was displaying my hideous acceptance letter.

            “Once again, I’m serious. I heard you created a huge fucking commotion today on the East side, and he was the one who calmed your frantic ass down.” Josh propped his head up on his hands, sticking his butt out so he could manage the huge height different between his elbows and the countertop.

            “Does everyone know about it now?” I felt the heat rising to my cheeks, remembering just how close he’d come and how quickly I had stopped screaming, right after his skin had made contact with mine.

            “Everyone David told, he was throwing a damn fit in lecture. Couldn’t pay me enough money to repeat that hour.” Josh snorted, an annoyed sort of triumphant smirk written across his face. Josh had never liked David, called him pretentious – to use one of the nicer terms. “Started going off on how Louis had been a complete ass about signing some fan’s things-“