//28//

This chapter is a humungous deal. I hope you all understand this and don’t dislike me for it, but best of luck reading it. I love you all dearly – Hannah x

Please try to understand the things they said and did, I hate it just as much as you do.

Louis’ POV

            “God dammit.” Lydia mumbled under her breath, her green eyes searching my entirety before moving up to meet mine.

            Everything about her was as eerily silent as when I’d stumbled upon her nearly two months ago. Except this time there was a small difference that I perhaps saw as a figment of my own imagination, but it was happening all the same.

            Nora stood not by Lydia as she had the day I’d rudely interrupted their talk, but between the two of us. Her hauntingly blue eyes moving between the curly haired girl and myself as the magnificent animal slowly lowered onto her back paws and sat, unmoving, and as deathly still as the air around us.

            “Lydia.” I said it a bit firmer this time, but kept my distance from her all the same.

            “Louis- Louis I can’t do this.” Lydia stated it in a whirl of stern words, her resolve shining through, and I saw all of the emotion drain from her captivating eyes.

            She was numbing herself, the thing both she and I did best. Acting as though these next words wouldn’t hurt, when they were really tearing the both of us apart. This wouldn’t be easy, and not in the sense that I’d struggle through the argument, but that I knew it would be the end, but that didn’t mean I wouldn’t try to stop her.

            “Lydia, love, could you please tell me what happened.” I tried to convey the pleading in my tone, struggling to see who she really was behind the wall that was back up and just as strong as ever.

            “Don’t call me love. Don’t try to fix this, because I will never be ready for this. Regardless of what you say Louis, I cannot and will not put myself through this on a daily basis.” She spoke like my teachers would to me in those last few months of secondary school, scornful and condescending, as though I was the dirt beneath their shoes. Just a kid who had only dreams and no accomplishments to show from it, but I had grown up. I wasn’t eighteen and struggling through school, and she wasn’t my teacher, she was my damn life now.

            “Don’t speak to me like I’m one of the kids your give tours to, you’re not asking me what my favorite fossil is Lydia, you will speak to me like I’m an adult.” I growled, my temper already rising at rates that I’d honestly never felt before, and it scared me quite a bit.

            We were too explosive, losing control and regaining it in impossible seconds of time, but I knew that once it was lost this time, there would be no finding it.

            “Don’t you dare tell me what to do Louis Tomlinson, I am not under your control nor am I in a situation where I ever need to listen to you!” She snapped, not only in her voice but also in her entire body, the shouts of her words reverberating across the empty area.

            “You’re absolutely ridiculous. Proper mental is what you are, don’t fucking talk to me like a kid Lydia Stavens.” I growled, her name unprepared for my own reaction even after it’d slipped past my lips.