//4//

(IT HAS NOW BEEN EDITED :) 2/15)

THIS IS NOT EDITED BECAUSE I JUST GOT TO CHICAGO AND I FINISHED TYPING THIS REALLY QUICK SO I CAN GO OUT TONIGHT. I'M SORRY IT'S SHORT, PLEASE READ THE A/N AT THE BOTTOM. AND I'LL EDIT IT AS SOON AS I CAN! (2/14)

I LOVE YOU - HANNAH

Lydia’s P.O.V

            The dulled down clink of metal fencing brought me out of my deep discussion with Nora. The finishing words of my sentence now caught in my throat, never to be spoken aloud as my train of thought left them in the rubbish pile of other things I never finished explaining.

            I pushed my aggressively curly hair out my line of sight and instantly locked eyes with the source of the noise. He was by no means attempting to hide himself, which cancelled out my first instinct; calling for help. Instead he was leaning casually against the wooden post that held the plaque description of Nora.

            Despite the seemingly warm rays that were beating down from the setting sun, he was bundled up in a cloudy blue sweatshirt that mimicked the color of his emotionless eyes perfectly. I’m sure in any other instance he would have been quite striking, someone my mother would have refered to as a "looker". Indeed, with one doe-eyed gaze in the right direction, I’m sure he would be one of those few lucky creatures that could grace their way into any sort of manipulation, regardless of future implications.

            However, right now, as we both studied each other, neither one of us willing to break the last breath of silence, I found him to be an annoyance. Not surprising in the least either, I wasn’t a big fan of the general populous as a rule of thumb. Even less of those obtuse enough to disrupt me in the one place I sought solace.

            He opened his feminine lips, the catch in his throat almost audible as he silently pressed his lips back together, a mind-numbingly luminescent smile lighting up his soft features. It was just like that, that we continued to study each other without an ounce of bashfulness.

            I’d never understood how anyone could say they’d had a silent conversation before, it just didn’t make sense in my head that you could communicate without using some type of language or body movements. However, here I was, understanding every bit of what this bothersome man was doing, and the suppressed part of my brain was shocked.

            Silence was exploding in deafening firecrackers around myself and him, the corners of his lips still turned up into a smile as he slowly tilted his head in a hesitant question of my own judgment.

            Lowering Nora’s head quietly onto the smooth rock, I started standing up without breaking the spell of silence that had fully encased this bubble we were in.  Jumping down onto the plush grass and coming face to face with a pair of strikingly blue eyes. It was nearly impossible to capture the essence of exactly what was held behind them, although a bit of curiosity never went unwarranted. His dark brown hair disrupted the nearly perfect cloudy blue, and almost as if he could read my mine his small but masculine hand swept across his forehead, brushing it back into his beanie.

            I answered his unspoken question in mere seconds, opening the small gate and -against my better judgment- letting him pass through.

~~

            “Rumors of pop-icon Louis Tomlinson and his estranged fiancée Camilla Belle have been fl-“

            “That’s definitely not how you use the word estranged,” Joshua hollered from his comfortable position across my entire couch.

            “You don’t need to yell, I’m right here.” I rolled my eyes, putting my lab notes down for a minute to observe exactly what he was upset about. “E news? Really Josh?”

            “What else should I watch? Nothing is better than a bit of drama on a Wednesday night, especially when you’re sitting in the comfort of a smaller than average apartment and eating someone else’s popcorn.” Josh argued, spiking his blonde hair up even farther and fastening his eyes back onto the college sized-TV.

            “Watch something of intrinsic value, my god watch politics! At least it’s not something completely brain draining.” I snorted at the irony of that sentence, pushing my hair out of my face once more and going back to the tiresome process of sorting sketches by their Phyla classification.

            “-the Marcotta Zoo has undergone three times the security since the announcement-“

            My head snapped up from my work, fixated on the screen in complete and utter bewilderment.

            “Why was the Zoo on E! News?” I nearly coughed out the words, completely caught off guard that they were even cultured enough to even understand the meaning of the word.

            “They pronounced it wrong.” The egotistical disdain in his voice was humoring, as he once more became caught up in the most unimportant issue of the matter.

            “Why are they talking about it?” I pushed the question he should have posed first in front of him, still trying to make sense of the many pictures that were flashing in and out as the host continued to speak.

            “They’re talking about him right now.” Josh snorted, turning back to give me an amused look, pointing the remote at the screen as if I didn’t already know.

            I gave him the finger, holding my hair back with both hands so I could get a good look at the screen without a massive roadblock of curls. My eyes trailed over the pictures, settling on the Celebrity of the story.

            Many pictures seemed to be of an incredibly model-esque woman, her make-up always impeccably done –of course- and her semi-exotic face framed by a structurally wavy cascade of dark hair. It seemed as though nearly every picture involved the same man as well though, and as I continued to focus on who she was clinging to in every picture. It began to make sense.

            A short, but masculine frame, floppy hair hanging out of a maroon beanie and the same cloudy blue eyes in a flash of a three second frame. His eyes meeting the paparazzi camera, that's what sealed it.

            “Holy shit.” I breathed, my eyes popping open as I recognized the man on the screen.

            “What?” Joshua was still staring at the TV screen in a different kind of awe, no doubt attempting to think of all the ways he could talk to this guy.

            “I just spent three hours in Nora’s habitat with him.”

A/N

I WILL BE UPDATING ON SUNDAY, BECAUSE THIS IS TOO SHORT FOR ME BUT I JUST GOT TO CHICAGO FOR THE FIRST TIME! WAHOOOOOOOO!

Ten votes? :) I love you all!

Please again, disregard all mistakes and excessive comma use, I WILL FIX IT BY SUNDAY! Mwah! 

Let me know what you're doing this weekend! And what you thought of this!

Much love!