//21//

Unedited

Louis’ POV

“Ok you guys are so gross!” Cassandra shouted from the living room, disrupting the heated snogging that had only begun to occur minutes ago.

            Just as soon as the words left Cassandra’s lips a pair of green eyes opened at the same time as mine to giggle against me. Lydia was sitting on the counter, her legs wrapped around my waist as our half eaten plates of spaghetti lay abandoned just feet away on the black granite island.

            “Oh my god, are you done?” She shouted back again, the distinct sound of a TV being turned up to an impossible volume cut her words off halfway, mixing them with the noise of CNN’s latest headliner.

            “No!” I shouted behind me, completely satisfied with the vibrating giggles that were coming from the beautiful woman in my arms.

            “I thought you were teaching him how to cook.” Cassandra was still whining and I could only imagine how she looked; splayed out across the dark leather couch, her dark hair piled into a haphazard bun as she munched on cocoa puffs –because, according to her, cereal was an all day meal.

            “I was trying! And then someone had to go and spill the spaghetti sauce all over my fucking shirt!” Lydia had moved her head from its resting position on my chest to glare up at me, her thinly spread eyelashes mere centimeters from my own as I held back the urge to taste her soft lips again.

            “You weren’t complaining when I helped take your shirt off!” I snorted, leaving the imprint of my lips on her warming cheek.

            “That is disgusting, please try not to fuck when I’m home.” Cass grumbled, nearly shouting over the blaring noise of the telly.

            “We don’t fuck!” Lydia shouted back without even a second of thought, her bright eyes crinkling in the middle to form a haphazardly placed glare upon her essentially, happy features.

            “Really? Wow, I bet David would love to hear that the sass master of Doncaster has yet to conquer the Americas!”

            “Conquer the Americas?”

            “Sass master of where?” Lydia and I both asked at the same time, cracking up as we snuck a look at each other and realized that we were both wearing the same perplexed expressions; raised eyebrows angled at the incredibly obnoxious roommate.

            Cassandra was sitting exactly as I imagined her, black sweatshirt and sweatpants matching her hair as she caught me looking and glared.

            “Louis I told you not to look at me!” She growled, spooning another mouthful of the chocolaty milk and balls of mush into her mouth.

            “You look fine,” I huffed, adverting my gaze back to Lydia’s anyways.

            Cassandra had yelled quite clearly when she returned from class that it was her slouchy day, and then proceeded to freak out when she walked out of her room in her current outfit and noticed I was sitting at the dinner table. That only escalated to a slightly hilarious, but mostly terrifying roommate argument where Lydia defended my honor like a good little scholar. Meanwhile Cassandra tried to hide behind the three foot wall that posed as the separator between the tiny living room and even smaller kitchen.

            It was only after a million and a half promises to not look, several blind pinky promises and one punch to the gut later that she had finally settled on ignoring my obnoxious comments, and taken to her bowl of cereal. Seeking refuge in a sloth like position on their couch while I went back and forth between the morals of having a heated make-out session with her roommate, and exactly how loud Cass would yell once she figured out that we weren’t just having an innocent spaghetti fest.