//33//

Please read chapter 4 of Spurious before this, it has a lot to do with the story and it's pretty important!

Louis’ POV

            The big white flat held so many memories that it was nearly impossible to look at it without feeling something.

            The bit of siding I’d knocked off by kicking the footie a bit too hard, the countless time I’d struggled to get the key into the lock and open the door when Camilla was too drunk to move, and every time I’d stumbled inside just to cause problems.

            “Louis?” Camilla had opened the door before I’d even had a chance to realize it, and we were both taken off guard by the appearance of the other.

            She was in old sweatpants, her natural hair falling down in wavy and frizzy chunks as a worn white t-shirt covered the rest of her.

            “Cami, could we possibly?” I motioned to the home I was really no longer welcome in, and she nodded slowly. Her eyes as wide as saucers as her manicured fingers came to pull her hair back, stepping to the side to let me into the home I once knew.

            “I’m sorry it’s a bi-“

            “I don’t care what you look like, and I don’t care how the house looks. I never did.” I amended to tell her the truth from this point on, not fighting, but conversing like sane people who hadn’t spent the majority of their time yelling.

            “Lou.” I heard her sigh from behind me, but I was still stricken by all the memories this place held.

            Memories I hadn’t allowed myself to feel until now, and memories that were certainly ones that should never be forgotten.

            “Do you remember when we-“ I started, already chuckling as I motioned to the pile of shoes that still crowded the area where the living room met the hardwood floors.

            “when you-“ Camilla rephrased with a giggle, and I turned around to make sure I wasn’t hearing things, but there she was, completely natural, not an ounce of makeup on her still lovely face as she smiled with sincerity.

            “Right, when I tripped over your shoe, and then you took advantage of it.” I grinned, remembering how hard I’d hit the ground when I’d completely wiped out on Camilla’s fancy shoes, and she’d tackled me in kisses moments later.

            “I did not take advantage of it!” She was giggling even harder now, both of us probably looking like idiots as we replayed that nearly perfect moment in our heads.

            “You took my pants off, I’d call that taking advantage of a situation.” I rolled my eyes, teasing her as I finally got a good look at the real Camilla. The one I’d been in love with for a very short period of time.

            “You took advantage of every situation, and you never cleaned!” Camilla teased me right back, and I remembered in this moment, exactly why I’d even dated her.

            “Right, because you’re such a saint. You left your shoes everywhere! I’m surprised I’m still alive after all of that.” I snorted, leaning against the kitchen counter as Camilla hopped up onto the table and let her long legs dangle.

            “You’re an idiot, but why are you here?” She asked me, her light Spanish lilt becoming increasingly obvious as hope filled her eyes.