//31//

Please observe the gif of Louis at your own discretion....

            Lydia’s POV

            “Was that as boring for me as it was for you?” A stick thin brunette walked up to me, her honey colored eyes looking warm and inviting, as she was the first person to even attempt to approach me.

            While everyone had been getting to know everyone on the plane, I had been ignored, eventually settling to just struggle for sleep against the itchy pillow that was a poor substitution from what I was resting on during my last plane flight.

            “It was pretty awful, yeah.” I smiled, taken aback by how friendly she seemed to be compared to the others, and wondering how I hadn’t noticed her on the plane.

            “I’m Madi.” She introduced herself, her brown hair piled on top of her head in the messiest bun I’d ever seen.

            “I’m Lydia,” I nodded slowly, still a little unsure about the human that sort of resembled a fairy.

            “Everyone knows who you are.” Madi giggled, her thermal wear almost looking baggy on her, even as I’m sure it was the smallest size ever created.

            “Everyone knows who I am?” I snorted, rolling my eyes and waiting for what was sure to be another one of those stupid teenage girls asking if he was a good kisser.

            “Yeah, your parents are a legend. I read every one of their books, and their research notes from the nineties are on display at the zoo I worked at.” She nodded enthusiastically, her bun bobbing on top of her little head.

            I struggled a minute with words, trying desperately not to look like a fool as I finally realized that I had successfully escaped from the things I wasn’t meant to be recognized for. “You worked at Tacoma zoo?” I finally pushed the words out, and almost slapped myself when Madi was staring at me with a tilted head and eyeballs the size of Jupiter.

            “Yeah, I worked at Tacoma zoo. Did you want me to tell you that I think your boyfriend is very good-looking too?” She questioned, her voice coming out in a symphony of the prettiest notes that were only found on the highest keys.

            “No, no. No, he’s not my boyfriend and I don’t want to bring him up. It was just weird because that’s the first thing people have been recognizing me for lately.” I admitted, shrugging my shoulders and wrapping my arms tighter around myself as the air grew inherently chillier.

            You should have just kept your mouth shut Lydia.

            “Oh? So you took this internship to escape from the real world until you came back, and you’re just hoping they’ll have found a new point of interest by then.” Madi didn’t ask it as a statement and she didn’t stop to take a breath during it. Just sort of rattling it off like she knew everything.

            Fuckin’ know-it-all.

            “N-“

            “It’s cool, I know you’re lying. I would have done the same thing anyways, you’re too smart for him. Camden’s more at your level, see the guy standing right ov-“

            “He’s not stupid.” I defended Louis without even thinking of what I was saying, and only when a brilliant smile lit up Madi’s face did I squish my eyelids together and set my lips in a straight line.