// Character Description //

There will be this character description to explain the things I couldn't, or the things that need to be completely seen.

A tracklist for Zoo will be after this update, and then the final chapter will be posted.

Again, thank you for everything.

Cassandra had more of a role than I could have ever planned for, all of the smaller characters developing without me even realizing how deep they had become. Josh and Cass weren’t just Lydia’s best friends, they were the people who held her together. Although it may have been hard to see most the time, they are as smart as Lydia is, as talented and determined as Lydia. It was just that Lydia gave all of herself to that because there was nothing left for her to invest it in, where Josh and Cass put their hearts into her. The broken girl that loved so deeply she almost became immune to the world around her.

            Another large set of roles for me were Lydia’s parents and Cindy. It seemed as though the roles were switched, and they were. Where Lydia worshipped her parents and the ideals they stood for, she really didn’t have them in her life. People everywhere knew Lydia and Nora because of Lydia’s parents, the trips they took for research often long and extravagant while their daughter was left to grow up in Cindy’s household. Cindy wasn’t just the woman who took care of interns at the zoo either, she is the head of the entire Zoo, and while Lydia never realized it, there was a reason why she was protected from every sort of bad the world had to throw at her.

            Lydia was heavily criticized in the science world, many people distrusting or disrespecting either her, or her parents because of the position she was in. Where Lydia was, yes, a young woman with brilliant parents. Many didn’t believe Lydia to have worked hard to deserve anything she was given, featured in books and news articles simply because her parents were the two greatest ecologists to have walked the planet in the last millennia. So Lydia was mocked in the privacy heavily wealthy scientists who laughed over champagne and gossiped over the Stavens family because of the mess that had become of their daughter. Lydia was supposed to be the family legacy, she was supposed to create brilliant pieces of research at eighteen, but instead she decided to deny every internship but the one she took at the Zoo. Hundreds of opportunities handed to her because of who she was, and as you can imagine, if she denied any one of them people would speculate over her actual talent. Did Lydia really get into the schools because she was brilliant, or were her parents just wealthy? That was the gossip, and Lydia remained immune to it until Louis. Cindy –of course- acting as a parent and doing her job to prevent Lydia from knowing because she heard the statements, and she understood that Lydia would be her own person. Cindy is the reason Lydia took the internship, and although Lydia would like to give all the credit to Louis, that just wasn’t the honest answer.

            This brings me to Madi. Madi knew who Lydia was, she was looking for her in the crowd, seeking out the girl she’d heard so much about on channels that ranged from Discovery, to E!. Madi might have been the only person in the entire story who wasn’t the slightest bit afraid of Lydia. Madi who had been a psychology major, and then switched to ecology knew what Lydia was playing at. She knew the girl inside and out before she’d even met her, because Lydia was easy to read. It took only a second for Madi to work her way into Lydia’s heart, and only two months for her to change the curly haired girls world.

            Madi knew far more than she explained, she knew who Louis was –despite pretending she only knew the name- she knew how he watched over her from thousands of snippets on E! and she was painfully aware of the lack of tact that Lydia used. Madi knew Lydia’s type, she understood Lydia and she worked the entire internship on a completely different project; to allow Lydia to see.