//7//

Louis POV

Now I understood why her best friend was a Snow Leopard, she was completely, and utterly, terrifying in the most beautiful of ways.

Energy crackled between us, before I let my guard drop and held my arms open for her. It was a painful, nearly minute long wait before she finally dropped the scowl that was creasing her smooth forehead and sighed defeated.

“Not now Louis, I’ll see you later.” She dismissed me, not even the slightest bit of compassion shone through her words.

I dropped my arms to my sides, shaking my head in what probably looked like a painfully forced smile. “Yeah, see you later.” I turned and walked out of our small sanctuary before she even had a chance to explain herself.

I would never understand women, especially not the incredibly beautiful ones. Maybe that was a stereotype, but I really didn’t give a damn.

I trudged back up the hill we’d came from, stepping out into the open concrete of the zoo and running nearly head-on into a group of teenage girls.

Shit, shit, shit.

“L-Lou-Louis?“

The blindingly blonde girl stuttered and paused, allowing me time to wait for what was surely coming after.

“Louis Tomlinson!” She screamed directly after, and I nodded my head. That reaction was so common nowadays that Harry and I had the timings between those two sentences down to a science.

“Would you, could we-“ She stuttered again, her other three friends just continuing to stare at me with open mouths.

“I don’t have a pen love.” I answered her finally, pushing my amused smirk into a friendly smile as I finally put this girl out of her misery.

I’m sure I looked like nothing less than an asshole as I stood there and watched her struggle for words, but lately I’d been quite a bit more self-involved than usual.

“No, that’s fine! I have a pen!” She scrambled, barking a few orders at her friends before turning back to me with a giddy expression.

Twenty minutes later I had signed nearly fifty; arms, shoes, wallets and iPhones from the herd of girls that gathered around my stationary position.

That was the most pictures I had, had taken since I arrived at the zoo, and I was getting increasingly worried for my vision after one particularly strong flash –it’s broad daylight, so this girl was an idiot- left the blue dots swimming in my eyesight for nearly ten minutes.

I was still blindly walking up the path to the food court when a polished loafer stepped into my line of sight, taking me off guard as I lifted my head upwards to meet the man’s eyes.

I raised my eyebrows in annoyance as I was met with the stone cold expression of what I would assume to be a man of my age. However, with the loafers, corduroys and button-up shirt with the official Zoo stamp, I was severely thrown off; he looked like an asshole, a middle-aged asshole.

“David Leeds.” the man held out his hand, his voice coming out much deeper than I would have expected on such a scrawny guy.

“Louis Tomlinson.” I kept my arms crossed over my chest, not even trying to hide my gaze as I looked over ‘professor nerdy.’

“As I would have guessed, now here at Marcotta Zoo we have a str-“ the man began to lecture me, his plaid bowtie staring me straight in the face as I was lost in the thoughts of whether or not he was taller than Harry.