Painful love

•Chapter-10•

•Chapter-10•

Shristi's POV:

I laid on my bed and closed my eyes... The starry nights are meaning less, I saw him... On the very first day of our college, when he came to drop his sister off with his father.

There was something so mysterious about him that attracted.me to unlock his everything with my madness, and unleash his every madness inside me. One day I saw him in Mumbai, making out with a girl about whom I came to know through Aranya. Ananya... His girlfriend whom he loved to the moon and back but her? She never did and used him and his body for her pleasures... I proposed him couple of times... And nothing good will happen to me that's for sure... A tear rolled down my eyes... Suddenly I heard my door knocking and was shocked to the core to see the person infront of me.

Aranya's POV:

When I saw them in the cafe, together for a minute I didn't know what I have to do and was going to do. One side is my brother who recently is deceived by his girlfriend and other side my best friend who is loving him madly. I sighed and contacted my brother and he asusual lied to but I told him that I saw him. So here we are... In his car having some deep discussions of life.

"What are you doing there and what the hell was that brother? Is that a way you behave with her?" I asked him as we drove through the busy night roads of the city. "She is clinging to me Aru. What do you expect me to do then?" He said and I looked in my lap. " Bhai.. you love me right?" I asked him. He nodded his head in yes. "I always wanted us to get married at a time itself, how good it will be if we both get married at the same time? On same same-day and someone from same family?" Aranya prolonged her talk and looked at her brother who closed his eyes, but she know that he is hearing her.

" At some part of my life... I always wanted Arjun to look at me, you know... That feeling of having someone who loves us is something special and something people nowadays are not having... But luckily you got her... Shristi is a nice person... Why don't you give it a choice?" Aranya mumbled.

"Even Arjun is nice and he did love you." Neerav said and Aranya looked away. "Don't let the gem go for some misunderstandings, you need a partner, so does he. I can still see love in his eyes for you. Remember how he used to be with you all the time, used to care for you... Do you think he will mistreat you just because of some small misunderstanding? Don't you think there is some loop-" "Neer..Neer..Neer! You are over thinking." I said looking away and soon we reached my brothers place or so I guess.

We both came out from the car and entered in the elevator. My brother opened the door and we entered inside the home, which is having two bedrooms and one kitchen with hall. "A nice place! You live here?" I asked sitting in the couch. "You didn't tell me you have this apartment! If you have told me before I would have stayed here with Shreya! Why wasting money for rent!" I said looking at my brother.

"I bought this one recently, after you came here only, I wanted to keep it in spare just in case. And yeah! You can use if you want I don't mind. Here are the spare keys." He said throwing them in my direction.

I caught them and grinned at him. "Few days prior coming to your place.... Baba got a call... From Adiraj uncle." He said thinning his lips.

"Baba was furious at.. at first and didn't agree at all! Saying how impudent and impulsive their request was!" He said massaging his head and I nodded looking down.

"But, Adiraj uncle convinced like how Arjun needs you in his life and same with you and how you both can't accept anyone but each-other... I loved how his parents understood his love for you.." Neerav said smiling.

I looked down and sighed. "I honestly don't know anything now... Except to go in flow!" I said and he chuckled, making me frown at him. "I bet you don't." He said making me pout. After spending some quality time we parted our ways..

I was sitting in the cab and listening to music when my phone rang. I looked at the ID and it's from an unknown number. I frowned and looked at the time which is showing 7:30 now. I lifted the call.

Aranya: Hello
Unknown number: Hello, Aru beti.

The familiar voice is none other's than Arjun's mother!

Aranya: Namaste Aunty, how are you?

Sunita: I am fine dear, acha I called for an important reason. Today I want you for tonight's dinner dear, it has been so many days since we have catched up! Can you please come?

She asked so politely! Unlike her badass son! So I said yes and cut the call.

I soon reached my apartment and went inside. Shreya still didn't come back and I wonder whether she is thinking to shift with Vishal...

I entered my bedroom, took a nice pastel blue colour silk saree, it is having big flowers on it, with leaves in between them.

The silk saree hugged my curves perfectly. I neatly braided my hair, added bindi in between my eyebrows.

I wore my chappals and went out. I hired a taxi and gave the adress aunty sent me. And soon... I found myself infront of the Sinha mansion. Paying him I left the taxi and stood infront the huge magnificent mansion.

The watchman greeted me as I entered and I greeted him back. I went towards the entrance and stood there, I knocked the side of the door and grabbed his Attention...

Along with that my mother-in-law too rushed towards me and asked me to step inside. I went and took her blessing and she hugged me.

She help my wrist and made me sit on the couch beside Arjun and I felt him take a sharp breath. "Aww... You both are twinning!" I heard a familiar voice and turned my back and saw Aditya! My college best friend who is also Shristi and Arjun's cousin. I got up from my place and he came and hugged me tight....

"How are you!?" I asked him and he smiled at me and pinched my cheeks. "As good as I ever can be!" He said and patted my head I can feel Arjun's gaze on me and tried so hard to ignore while chatting with Aditya but it's hard... So damn hard to do so...

"Ok kiddos, dinner is ready!" I heard my future mother-in-law and got up to help her bring the dishes. "I thought you will reject." She said as she picked one dish from the kitchen counter. "I can't aunty... I am angry on your son? Yes! But I know even you can't do anything when it comes to his individual decision... I know you liked me aunty. So please don't feel burdened and it's completely alright. I know what you have done or doing, everything must would have a reason." I said smiling at her.

"My son is a fool-" "Maa! I heard that!" Came Arjun like a kid pouting. I chuckled looking at his face. He looked at me and smiled a little. "Why are getting sad when I am stating truth?!" Sunita ma laughed saying this and Arjun chuckled. "Indeed! What kind idiot will loose her.. that's why I will marry her... To keep her with me for-" "Yeah, you will you will but right now I am hungry! Badi maa, let's eat please! I am so hungry!" Aditya said making Sunita ma chuckle.

I went and kept the dish on the dining table... And we all started eating... After sometime Adiraj uncle joined too, who by then was working in his study, the dinner went by calm with lots of laughter...

Please do vote and comment

Love-Anya ❤️