Marriage?

•Chapter-8•

•Chapter-8•

Author's POV:

With the hot sun blazing, sweat rolled on Aranya's skin and she wiped it off with the white kerchief she always carries.

She took the left turn to her apartment. Shreya and Vishal went to a lunch date, so again a lonely afternoon.. she isn't complaining though! Because she is accustomed to it.

She soon entered her apartment and saw few figures, who shocked her to the core!

Aranya's POV :

I stood there numbly as I saw my family and Arjun's family standing at my door step. My mother spread her arms for me and I rushed to her. Hugging her,I took a huge breath in her neck and she patted me. Later I hugged my father and brother.

I kept namste to his parents and hugged Shristi... Who is my best friend in college. "We were waiting for you. Let's go inside." My brother chided and I opened the door of the home.

They all entered inside. I nervously glanced at mom who gave me her million dollar smile too. "Ugh.. what is happening?" I asked standing near the edge of the couch as Arjun's father smiled at warmly.

"Um... Why don't you get freshen up Aru? Here is the saree." Maa said instantly removing a white saree with blouse from the luggage bag. I frowned at her and kept the saree away and looked at all of them.

"See Aru whatever we are doing is for your good so please dont-" "Dad?" I heard Arjun's voice cutting off my mother's speech.

He is now changed into a white crisp shirt and blue denim. "What are you doing here?" I asked turning towards him. He sighed and gave me a look saying even he didn't know.

"See even Arjun is here! Just go and change and don't make me shout at you!" My mom said strictly and huffing I took the clothes and rushed inside closing the door I was about to throw the saree on ground.. but I remembered my parents smiling face and groaned.

What the hell is wrong with all these people? I mean I know we had somthing in past but that doesn't mean I will allow them to tie me with a person who questioned my character! I thought angrily removing my dress and stepping into the shower. I dried my hair with blow drier after Iam done with shower and tied the white color saree paired with the same color.

I kept the white stone bindi. I went out and stood near my bedroom's door. I saw everyone looking at me and for a minute I felt uncomfortable as everyone looked at me. I looked down and started walking to my mother. I sat silently beside her as she rolled her hands over me.

I looked up to the couple and him. Arjun is looking down in his lap and I did the same.

"Why this sudden meeting dad?" I heard him ask, and anticipated for his answer.

Arjun's POV:

"Why is this sudden meeting dad?" I asked my father and from my peripheral vision I can see Aranya looking at me.

"We have decided to let you guys married"
Her dad said and I looked at Aranya who is having s calm and composed stature but I know inside there is a toofan and havoc in her brain. "So.. Aru do you still-" "Still what ma? Love him? If not then why would she ignore every proposal she got!" Her brother said making me snap my eyes at her and the very moment locking them with me.

I ignore everything, each and every little thing but how can I ignore the pain that underlies those eyes can be missed? How can those questions that haunted me for years... Can not seen by them? Is she that good in hiding things? If yes then why I am the only one who is clearly knowing her things.

"I agree to this marriage." I mumbled looking into Aranya's eyes and saw her gripping her saree tightly in her grip making me swear in my mind. I looked at my mother to see stars in her eyes. I heaved a big sigh. "What about you Aru?" Her mother asked and I looked at Aranya. "I need some tim.le." she mumbled looking down and after talking for sometime

Author's POV:

" You should have told them that you will marry him. What is there into that! Why did you say like that-"

"Stop right there dad. I am over this." Aranya said getting up making her mother release a huge sigh. "Please! It's hard I mean I get that you all worried for us but we are not meant to be together!" Aranya exclaimed "Then why did you love him? Why were you with him? For all those years?!" Her brother Neerav exclaimed.

"None of your business Neer! Even you know and everyone present here know that it's not me! It's not me who left him, it's him who ruined this tagging me as a characterless woman you are expecting me to accept him as my hus-" "See, there might be some misunderstanding, from what we heard from his parents he was deeply disturbed since you have left!" Aranya's mother said. "I don't want this." Aranya mumbled.

"But this will happen. Try to think mature, about yourself and your future, you can't forget him, you are not ready to marry another person, you are being depressed and maintained distance from us. What do you think we are supposed to do Aranya? Do think this is some sort of joke? We didn't even oppose your love because we knew that you will take the right decision but what he have in our hands now?" Aranya's father reasoned they

"Dad." "Stop arguing!" Her mother angrily cut Aranya off, heaving a big frustrated sigh Aranya went to her room closing the door with a thud...

Please do vote and comment!

Love-Anya ❤️