82 - Revelations

"Where the fuck are you?" Kozik grunted. He had already been pissed by the discovery about Shane, and sitting in front of an empty house after rolling his wheelchair through the streets for at least half an hour, didn't exactly improve his mood. 

There was hesitation on the other side of the line. 

"Alex called me and asked me to come over."

Alex. 

The fact that Juice suddenly acted like addressing her by that name was the most normal thing in the world, made his blood boil. "I'm at your door."

"Oh." Silence. "I'll be there in a minute. You uh – you want me to bring Alex with me?"

"No, I don't have any interest in seeing her anytime soon," he grunted. 

"Okay," Juice answered quietly, like his words were hurting him. "I'm on my way."

Kozik ended the call. He turned his wheelchair away from the front door and looked up to the nightly sky. The betrayal burnt underneath his skin – just like the self-reproach. Had he really been that blind? He should have seen it, right? 

The others don't know either, he told himself. 

But it was different. Shane had been his prospect, he had looked after the kid from the very beginning. He knew him much longer than the others and he fucking lived in his house. And now, he had no idea with who he had spent all those hours. 

Juice barely looked at him when he parked his bike and quickly slipped past him to open the door. Kozik rolled inside. His fingers felt cramped, as if his 'walk' had been too much. Or maybe it was the anger that made him feel so tense. Leaning on the armrest of the couch he got up. As Juice offered him a helping hand, Kozik slapped his arm away. 

"You want a drink?" Juice asked quietly. 

His soft response showed Kozik that he felt at least ashamed or guilty. "Just gimme somethin' strong."

Quietly, Juice returned to the kitchen, filled two glasses and gave one to Kozik before he sat down on a chair. 

"How long do you know?"

"She told me a few days after Miles died."

"So months ago," he concluded, shaking his head. He cursed. "I don't get it Juice. I don't fucking get it. How the hell could you keep this to yourself. Is she such a good fuck?"

"It's nothing like that. Sex isn't the reason I didn't tell anyone. Getting that top rocker is important for her. It's like the only thing she lives for! I want her to earn it, okay? She's a good prospect, she promised to tell the others the minute her prospecting period is over..."

"And how do you think they're gonna react?! When they're all counting on a full member and discover they have wasted a whole year by training a girl?!"

"That's up to them. They can count on Alex. They can patch her in!"

"She's a girl!!" he snapped. Man – did nothing sink in with him?

"So? Does it affect her qualities?"

"C'mon Juice, don't be so naive. You know we can't allow women in the club. Not a single MC allows women. And if we do, we lose our reputation. No one's gonna do business with a club that needs women to fill their ranks."

"When will someone see her? Nobody needs to know that she's a girl."

Kozik heaved a deep sigh and rubbed his face. "Juice, she's not going to be a Son. Talk it out of her head man."