28 - Trust

Alex took a long shower and slept a few hours before she went to Juice. Her breasts hurt so much because of the long time she had worn the chest binder that she decided to leave it at home and put on a wide SAMCRO hoodie. It was too warm to wear such a thing, but the pain was fucking annoying and she'd had enough pain for today. As long as she wouldn't give Juice another lapdance, she would be fine. Even though her crotch still felt sore, she climbed on her Harley. It was only a small distance.

Five minutes later she parked her bike in front of Juice's house, ascended the few steps to his front door, and rang the bell. She shoved her hands into her pockets. The numbness she had felt the past hours, faded away at the prospect of seeing Juice. She had missed him for the past days, and she wasn't sure everything was all right between them. Actually, she was disappointed in him; they had vented to each other time and time again and it hurt that he hadn't trusted her with his problems this time while feeling so desperate he had been willing to steal drugs from a cartel.

The light in the hallway went on. Slowly, a shadow came closer and a few seconds later the door was opened. Alex's eyes shot to Juice's immediately. His glance was blurred, confused – maybe even desperate.

"Hey," he said softly. His glance slid away from her and focused on the ground.

Sighing, Alex headed inside, closing the door behind her. "Hey, come here." She spread her arms.

Juice rubbed his eyes. The murder of his brother hadn't left him indifferent. Alex wished she could tell him what an asshole Miles had really been so he wouldn't feel so guilty, but she couldn't. Not now. He was too erratic, the last thing she wanted to burden him with was another secret. Maybe he would even feel compelled to expose her to the others because of the guilt that was suffocating him.

For a moment he seemed to hesitate, then he turned towards her. She wrapped her arms around him, pulling him close. Panic shot through her head as she realized he might be able to feel her breasts through the hoodie so that she held him a little less tight than she had wanted. Although his thoughts were probably too entangled to focus on something like that.

"I killed a friend. A brother," he whispered with a broken voice. His shoulders started to shake.

Alex rubbed between his shoulder blades, eventually moving her hand to his neck, hoping her touch would ease him a little. He had bent his head, his forehead rested upon her shoulder.

"You did," she said softly. There was no point in denying or weakening it. "We all do stupid things sometimes."

Juice cringed. "But this..." Sniveling, he breathed in.

Alex swallowed the lump in her throat. The fact that he had done this to himself frustrated her, but there was no point in telling him that. She kissed the top of his head and when he looked up she pressed her forehead against his. She could also see the others do something like this to comfort him, especially when his whole attitude was screaming for solace.

"You'll get over this," she ensured him. "It won't be easy, but you can do it. And I'll help you to get through this. Okay?"

With watery eyes, Juice looked at her. Taking a deep breath, he nodded.

Alex let go of him and looked at his tied-off leg. "Does it hurt?"

He shrugged his shoulders, convincing her it wasn't the pain in his leg that was on the forefront.

"You should sit." She pushed him to the living room and followed him. She hadn't been in his house again since she had slept on the couch after Opie's wedding. She however felt comfortable enough to pour them two drinks before she sat down on the couch, next to him. He had bent his head and was staring at his hands.