23 - Kneel

Alex leaned with her back against the wall of the warehouse. With her thumb, she tapped restlessly against her cigarette, which she moved to her lips now and then. Even though her eyes were aimed at the distance, she was very aware of Miles standing next to her and staring at her.

She knew he was trying to provoke a response. Ever since he had suggested the both of them should guard the back of the warehouse, she had known he was up to something. Her whole body was tensed while she tried to figure out what he was trying to do. The past days she had however brooding on it too, without leading to any conclusions. She didn't know the man well enough to estimate what he was capable of.

Dusk fell. Rat brought them a box of Chinese food Phil had dropped off, but he quickly returned to Rafi, the Mayan with whom he was guarding the front of the building in which the drugs were stored.

Quietly Alex ate the foot. In all those hours Miles and she hadn't said a single word. She had wanted to ask him why he had insisted on standing guard together, but silence had felt safer.

Alex just dropped the empty plastic box when Miles turned towards her. "Suppose you had been here with Juice... what would you two have done? Not staring forward in silence, I guess."

She looked aside. Something dark was churning in his eyes, giving her a twisted feeling in the stomach. She pushed her sudden nervousness aside and shrugged. "We would just have talked."

"You think? You appear willing to do something else with him for a while now. And in such a remote place..." He gestured around.

Alex's cheeks felt hot. What the hell was she supposed to answer?

"Cut the crap, Shane. Which isn't even your real name." Miles stood in front of her. She recoiled in reflex until she felt the wall against her back. The man stood so close there was barely an inch between them. With a haggard look in his eyes, he stared at her. "I know about your little secret."

His lips turned into a hideous smirk. Instead of explaining himself, he grabbed inside his pocket and took his phone out of it. He opened a video and held the device in front of her face.

Alex felt the blood being drained from her face as she recognized her bathroom. From above she looked right into the shower and that's where she was standing, her hands covered in shampoo on her head. Water waved down her shoulders and breasts and when she turned a little, it was all too clear she was no man.

Her throat felt dry. She was so overwhelmed she could barely breathe, but the shame and fear were quickly displaced by anger. She looked up to him and grabbed his throat. "Have you been spyin' on me? In my bathroom? What kind of insane, disgusting man are you?!"

"Oh, you think I am the insane one?" he taunted, snatching her hand away from his throat. "You are a fucking girl, man. You're dead. Stone dead." He took a deep breath, his eyes seemed to smolder. "From the start, I knew you had something to hide. But this..." He shook his head, laughing in disbelief. "I didn't see this coming. You're a fucking whore."

Alex gritted her teeth and squeezed her eyes. She was so busted. Of all her brothers, it had been Miles who had discovered the truth. "And now? You gonna rat me out?"

"Hell yeah. If you don't do exactly as I say, I'm gonna send all of them this vid."

Alex tasted bile at the thought they would all receive a message with a video where she was showering. "I just feel more like a man than a woman. I can't help it I was born with tits."

There was no point in coming up with excuses, Alex knew that. Miles hated her, and there was no dramatic story that would make him change his mind. Even the truth would leave him indifferent.

"Could be. Or you're just a filthy rat working undercover."

Alex snorted. "You really think they would have sent a woman?"

He shrugged his shoulders and reached out for her face. A shiver crept down her spine as he caressed her cheek. "Juice already knew, right? You're blowing him from the beginning. Then I guess you won't mind to give me a turn too?" His hand went for his belt.

"Juice doesn't know anything," she grumbled. "And I rather die than that I will suck your dick, you sick motherfucker."

"Well, that can be arranged. The rest of the club receiving the video is just a click away." His fingers moved across the screen and she saw he added the video to a chat window with Clay. "All I have to do is press 'send'."

Alex wanted to punch the smirk off his face. "I'm gonna kill you."

"You think? Here? You think you can get away with that?" He laughed flippantly. "They will know it was you."

Again she clutched her jaws. He was right. It had to look like an accident or a robbery. If she killed him here, she would be the only suspect. She would never get out alive.

"Tell me what you want. Do you wanna die or do you wanna blow me?"

Alex squeezed her fingers helplessly. Tears were burning in her eyes. "Why are you doing this?"

"Answer me, whore. You wanna die or you wanna blow me?" His thumb floated above the send button. For a moment she considered snatching the phone out of his hand, but the chance he would hit the right button was too big. "Three... Two..."

"Fine!" she snarled. "Fine, I'll do it."

"What do you want to do? I want to hear you say it."

"I"m going to blow you."

"You want it."

Anger raged through her body. She wanted to scratch his eyes out of his head, cut his fucking throat... but he had cornered her. There was only one way out and that was doing whatever he wanted until they could leave this place. And then... then he would pay for this before he could tell anyone the truth. She had to make him believe he was holding power over her, then he would want to enjoy his position a little longer before he would rat her out to the others.

She took a deep breath and stared with slumped shoulders at her feet. "I want to blow you, Miles."

"I thought as much." His hand moved to his belt again. "Kneel."

Alex closed her eyes and fought off the tears.

You can get through this. Think about the revenge you are going to take. If you make it through this, you will find a way to make him suffer until he is gone forever.

Her stomach turned around as she knelt down in front of him.