Emboldening

Jai closed the shop for the day. She is covered in oil and sticky substances from the car. She sighs to herself and slinks to her bathroom to get cleaned up.

"Mr. Green Eyes is in the living room, waiting for you." Grams teases her as she sits down. Her heart drops to her knees instantly. "I opened the door." Grams is so proud of her accomplishment.

"You are such a meddling old person." Jai folds her arms. "And you're not supposed to be answering doors for strangers."

"Go see what he wants!" Grams pulls her up off the bed, totally ignoring her fussing. In sweatpants and a messy old tee, no less. "And in a town like this, this is the highlight of my life!" She taps her granddaughter's behind with the cane before winking at Greyson.

"Wassup?" she is nervous, slightly fidgety.

"I wanted to see you. I missed you." The darkness in his eyes made her know exactly what he meant.

Her face turns red instantly. "You just saw me." A few memories flashed in her mind. She bites back a schoolgirl giggle.

"I'm finna go on vacation and I want you to go with me."

Jai frowns in thought. "You just went...in December."

"I travel a lot for pleasure..."

"That's your favorite word." She can't stop blushing.

Grams walks in the room. "Aht, aht. She'd love to go. Here, I got a bag."

"Grams!" Jai is being pulled out of the house by her hand. "You don't even know him!!!"

"He's a Minnelli. That's all I need to know." Grams closes the door to the limo.

Her mother was gone on a date herself. Grams sits in the living room and sighs for a moment with a satisfied smile on her face. "Billy, I miss you so much."

"The Minnelli Airfield? What on earth?" she reads the sign outside the gate.

"Private planes, Jai. Private planes." Greyson explained. Each one was different. Stone's was grey with white and black stripes. Everest's plane was white with grey stripes. Royce's plane was all black. Greyson's plane was black with grey stripes.

"Oh wow...these are niiiicceee."

"My first plane is at the airfield that my family has. The whole California sector of Minnelli planes." The pride in his voice when speaking about his family is something Jai immediately admires.

"Sector?" she makes herself comfortable on the couch next to him. At this point, she realized that there was no getting out of the trip with Grey, so she settled in.

"Yes, sectors. Way, way, wayyy, back in the day, my great-grandfather Adonis moved to California with my great-grandmother, Nia and had my grandfathers, Gemini and Thorne Minnelli. Back then, it wasn't that many of us, and my grandfathers were born in California. Their generation is called the Sensational 7. Basically, it was my grandfathers, Gemini and Thorne (Book 5 of the Minnelli Family Series, if you'd like to read their story). Their cousins, Antonio and Aquarius Minnelli (Book 4 of the Minnelli Family Series, if you'd like to read their story). And my grandfathers immediate cousin, Zolan. Last but not least, Phoenix and Apollo (Book 6, my personal fave)."

"Wow."

"From the Sensational 7, you have my father's generation. That's the largest generation. And from there is why we call it sectors. My grandfather and grandmother, Thorne and Brielle, had four children; three boys and one girl. His twin, Gemini and his wife Mika had four children as well; two girls and two boys, a set of twins. All of us are from California." He explains.