Doin' It My Way

A couple days later, Sierra followed Amie out of the mansion with her bookbag on her back and the list in hand.

"So we're going to Denver for this venture?" Amie asked her to clarify. Sierra nods her head. It was just before daybreak. Pricilla was back from her vacation. Breakfast was simmering on the stove for Everest, who was acting like he didn't have a full day. He was supposed to go to the office in Denver as well as check on the progress of the ranch.

The two rode in the van in relative silence. "I don't get you Sierra." Amie assessed her energy at breakfast and now in the van.

"What are you supposed to get, Amie? I can call you Amie right?"

"Yeah...of course. Your whole vibe is so...interesting to me." She smiles at her future sister-in-law.

"Mmm, I don't think that's a compliment but I'll take it." she smiles back.

"So, what would be a compliment to you?"

"A lot of things. I like to think I'm talented sometimes but I'm such a homebody, ya know? I don't like people. Which is why I went to school to crunch other people's numbers. Being the May baby I am, I love zeros." She lets out a laugh. "But no, I had aspirations to open my own bakery."

"That's why you always making pastries. My jeans already fitting different fooling with you." Amie smiles. "My grandmother is a Taurus too, Nana Skye."

"Taurus women are it chile... we don't get our credit, ha!" she laughs loud and big. The driver chuckles along with her. she was that infectious. "I wasn't always like this...homemaker-esque woman. My grandmother made me that way, Amie. She was a traditional woman to her core. Lace, dresses, modest makeup and kitten heels. My mom hated it. But I loved it. First Sunday dresses with the hat and gloves. I promise that was me. Six-year-old me would be ashamed of me now." She takes a moment to look down at herself in jeans and a tank. Then she takes out a picture of herself back then from her phone.

"Christ! Even down to the Shirley Temple curls..." Amie fell out.

"Yeah man. But as I got older, I didn't see myself as a wife and all that. My mother's philosophy had finally taken over me. I was okay with being the side chick to single men. And I didn't care because I had shit to do myself." She looks off in the distance. "The ride is fun though."

"Who said you were just riding?"

Sierra pretends not to hear her and opens the van door to go inside the grocery store. Amie is a bit dejected by her posture now but shelves it for herself. Not even Everest will know about it.

The two women get started when Sierra hands Amie a list of things to get.

"I really wanted to open a bakery but at the same time, I want to share with everybody. I guess that's why I like cooking for the crew." She speaks again.

"I'm glad you brought this up. How do you really feel about my brother?" Amie didn't have many days to play the radio with Sierra.

She blinks. I love him. "I think he's a good man. His wife will love him dearly."

"You speak like it's not for you."

"Amie look, long term relationships are not for me...I feel like I've said this before."

"What happened to the progress you've made? Sierra!" Amie slams the tissue in the cart in frustration. "You know you have something special. Something different with my brother. I don't know why you running from it. is it because I'm his baby sister? Because you need to get over that. If Lola was here, she'd be calling your bluff all over this store and you'd be ready to cry. But I'm the good cop sister, I'm not like that. You're different from every bitch my brother even thought about dating.

"No bitch has ever been to the mansion. Nobody! For years after he moved up here, he still wouldn't extend that to even me and Lo. Understand that...he is extremely private. Well, we all are. But that's not the point. You're living there. You have a routine...you need to wake up and accept y'all got something. Something higher than a fling, relationship. And that's all I'm going to say on it."

They spend the next two hours working separately. Partly because Sierra was in her feelings this time.

At the checkout, Mr. Franklin, is running his mouth to the cashier.

"Yeah, Jean. I'm gonna sell the ranch soon."

"Noo, Mr. Frank! Why?"

"My daughter comin from her fancy mansion in California to come and get me. I'm looking to sell by the end of the month."

Sierra keeps that information for later.

"I'm just afraid of falling and not being caught. Is that wrong?" she speaks when the food is put away in the van and they pull off.

"I know the feeling. I had the craziest crush on this boy in high school just to be devastated because he wasn't for me...I'm happy now though." Amethyst flashes her mega diamond in thought of her fiancé.

Sierra keeps quiet. "Good for you, Amie."

Later, after dinner, Sierra sat at the vanity in the bathroom, playing in makeup.

Everest looks worn out from his day, but she wasn't going to let the tidbit of information go to waste.

"I heard something today at the store..." she brings his attention to her. "Mr. Franklin is selling his land and moving to California at the end of the month. If you're interested."

"You deadass?"

"Yes. I mean, if the ranch you have now is enough..."

"Get on it, Si!" Everest forgot all about his exhaustion. Sierra leaves the bathroom as he went in for his shower.

She sat on the bed, writing in her planner. Now that all of his books were in order, there was room for them to put a bid in for the land over the mountain.

Deep in her thoughts, she didn't hear Everest enter the room. "I've been thinking about you all day."

She jumps a little. "Really?" her face turned red in a blush.

He took 2 steps over toward the bed and cupped her face with his hands. Torn between being stubborn and giving in, Sierra knew she needed her legs later.

"Your sister is here." She uses that an out.

"Sound-proof walls." His smug grin makes her roll her eyes.

Before she knew it, they were fighting for control. Sierra pulls away from the kiss to push herself further in the bed. Everest follows her to pull her back.

"Why must you continue to test me, Si?" he asked, his voice dripping sex. She only smiled and thought about not offering an explanation as she spreads her legs. She felt there should be none.

She nudged his face again and they were at it again. Sierra tried her best not to think about how good, her heart singing or Amie's words.

Everest got on his knees and positioned his face directly in front of her and pushed her dick appointment shorts to the side. Moments later, he slowly slithered his tongue toward her wetness and she jumped. Damn, she thought. Work has a tendency to take both of their attention away from each other.

Everest was satisfied with three orgasms from her before standing up. He pulled her up, dropping the towel. Sliding Sierra down, he watches her expose her neck. Submission. He smiles before attacking her neck while bouncing her up at down.

Her toes curl as her moans increase in volume. He lays on the bed with Sierra reverse cowgirl. Her waist moves back and forth, up and down as she looks back at her man. The realization shocks her just a little bit.

Everest holds her by her waist and moves up in a rapid pace. Sierra creams all over them both.

He switches positions again. Her legs spread like a V as Everest holds her ankles, feeling his orgasm coming faster.

"You gon stop playing with me Si." He gives one last warning as he comes forcefully inside of her. The Spirit Bond activates around them like a warm cocoon.