Blizzard Conditions

Middle of nowhere, Colorado

"So, it's finally blizzard season up here." Sierra's coworker mumbled. The girls watched the light snow dance around outside from the window.

Residents of Ice Cliff, Colorado long stopped going to the general store for supplies for the upcoming blizzard.

"I'm well aware of that." She smirks for a moment. "What's the town like?" Moving to the sleepy town was more of a financial investment than anything else. Until she could actually be able to enjoy Denver and all it has to offer.

"Sleepy... boring at the most part. I go down to Denver most of the time when it becomes too boring up here." The girl pops her gum.

Sierra St. Vincent nods her head. She's finished with her shift in the small general store.

"I'll see you tomorrow." Sierra bids farewell to her coworker.

"I doubt it. Look at those clouds. You get in safe sis." The pair hug before Sierra disappears outside to her truck.

The snow barreled down in front of Sierra's vehicle. "I just got about an hour away from home." She mumbled.

Suddenly, as she finished the thought, her engine locked up, jerking the car to a hard stop.

"Fuck!" She yelled as she hit her head on the roof of the car. This what I get for putting off getting my car checked on for winter, she gets out. The temperatures were quickly dropping. Faster.

I'll freeze to death if I stay here.

So, Sierra leaves her car in search of help.

Meanwhile, Everest Minnelli is frowning at his Security system. Who is this intruder? He pursed his lips together in thought.

County Road 13 goes directly between his 6,500+ acre ranch. Spreads out to about 10 square miles.

Deciding to deal with the problem head-on, Everest saddles his favorite horse, Phoenix to go to the edge of this property.

Everest, completely shirtless, takes off in the direction of the intruder. Phoenix doesn't wait to go full speed.

I know somebody lives around here somewhere, shit! Sierra fusses. Her knuckles raw from knocking on different homes in the area to no avail.

Legs are tired. Her body is cold.

Everest doesn't mind the cold, despite being a Miami native.

Phoenix the horse is gaining speed. Sierra turns around and her heart falls out of her chest. A pure black horse, with smoke coming from his nose, gaining on her like an animal.

And a caramel skinned man with blonde tips staring down at her. From her angle of the horse, she can't tell what he looks like. How tall he is.

Everest pulls the reins to stop just shy of her, hops down, in just shorts. His bare feet caressing the snow.

Fight or flight instinct kicks in. Choosing not to fight, Sierra starts running. She twists her ankle, hearing a quick snap.

"Who are you and where did you come from?" Everest's gruff voice burns her ears as he snatched her up.

She can't answer at first. "I know you heard me."

"My car broke down on County Road 13. I was looking for help." She covers her eyes to answer. His broad, tattooed chest was a work of art...distracting but art.

Her answer is satisfactory to him. "Come."

Sierra stares at him, not moving. "You said you was lookin for help, so come." Everest walks away from her to his horse. The temperature is dropping even more now.