Caressing

Jai stood in front of the car with her arms folded. "You want to go where?"

"To my house in the mountains."

"Absolutely. You've fed me, now you want to spray the woods with my blood. No sir."

Greyson couldn't help but laugh at her. "If we being honest, there's enough land for me to do it here."

Jai widened her eyes in disgust. Over the course of the month of January, the pair had been on at least one date all month. Talks on the phone before work and before bed. Jai didn't even consider falling in love...until it happened. But the weight of her lies continued to haunt her.

"Just come with me Jai. You might like it." Grey bargained. "I wouldn't take you anywhere I know you wouldn't be safe. I put that on my life."

She twists her lips before nodding her head. Grams waved from the window excitedly. She was waiting on her bingo friends because it was her turn to host the weekly event. Old Man Jenkins had the week before and almost got kicked out the club because he was cheating the whole time.

"How long will it take to get to your house?"

"About an hour. So just relax." He placed a warm hand on her thigh. Her nether regions instantly tingle.

"My grandma said she dated your grandfather in high school."

"Sarah? Aww damn, I gotta tell Grandpop she still living. He still talks about her sometimes. I think she was his first love, but my Nana is his true love."

"I wouldn't doubt it. I find it so interesting how people can hold on to love like that." Jai relaxes. The conversation comfortably falls for the rest of the trip.

"My house is the house in front." He points as they come down the hill after turning on Phoenix Road.

"Well, umm...okay then." wind is caught in her throat. The sun is completely down now. Greyson helps her out of the car and into the warm home. Tingles dance down his back as the temperature goes up in the space.

They share wine and snacks while talking about their day, week

They share wine and snacks while talking about their day, week. Something they always do when they link up. Restaurants were known to close and they'd be still talking.

Jai takes her shoes off. "I could stay here forever."

Likewise, Greyson thinks. "I have a room for you if you choose." She nods.

The pair made it to his room, the lights naturally dimmed with the fireplace blazing and the moonlight shining just right in the room.

Jai took her time, finding inspiration all over the space. From the patterns on the wood of the walls to the high ceilings. Her skin goosebumped and the hair on the back of her neck stood up when Greyson's warm hands touched her lightly, gently. Like a feather. Not sure if it was the wine or her own drive, but she wanted more of his touch.