That's What I Like

The next morning
Ice Cliff, Colorado

Sierra groans a little and blinks her eyes

Sierra groans a little and blinks her eyes. Deciding to roll over, she realizes that her body is exposed to the slightly cold room. She shivers a little, scooting back inside the covers. Her bottom bumps into another body. What the fuck, her eyes pop open quickly.

"You could say good morning before you put allat on me." She heard a deep voice. So last night wasn't a lucid dream? Her body is throbbing. Places that haven't been used in a very long time, muscles stiff.

"What?" she croaks. "I didn't touch you."

"But I touched you." Everest moved closer to her for another round. "Don't act like you don't remember."

"I mean, I figured you wouldn't let me forget." She turns to face him tentatively. Her eyes take the time to admire the artwork on his chest and arms. Wow, she thinks. "You feeding me?"

Changing his mind about morning sex...for now that is. "I could feed you." His back is to her again, smirking as he moves off the bed. "You gon feed me?"

"That sounds so sexual. I was seriously referring to food."

"It is and I am too." Everest stands at the stove in the nude after turning the heat up. Tempting her.

"Find you somebody to play with. I'm stranded here. You're not." She reminds him. "I'm pretty sure you enjoy days like this."

"I don't." Everest responds when the food is done. "Days like this I hate. My horses not cold but we are behind on their training because of the blizzard."

"I'm surprised the owner of this place allows you to have horses on his land." She quips. He smirks as he puts on undies and pants. If he didn't have a guest, he wouldn't even bother with it.

"How did you get into horses?" she asks from the bathroom.

"It's not a simple story really." He sighs.

"I got nothing but time." She gestures outside the window.

"And I'm grateful for the opportunity." Everest hands her a plate of food and sits beside her. Both of them comfortably in the relative silence. "When I was about eleven, me and my Pops went on a summer vacation to northern California. My uncle had this crazy idea that we ride horses to his cabin in the mountains. So me and my cousins were down for it. My pops wasn't for real but he did it. Anyway, I just bonded with that horse and I just wanted my own."

"Aww that's so cute." Sierra coos playfully.

"Nah, I'm not done yet. When we got back, I begged and begged my mama to let me have a horse. She bout cussed me out but bought me one the next year for my birthday. That horse was the black horse I picked you up with."

"And he is a beauty..."

"Yeah, my first horse." Everest is wistful. He stood in the door while she showered, then cleaned the bathroom and continued his story. "Phoenix is his name." Sierra scoots in the bed now. There was something deeply intimate about how comfortable she was around him. After one night to boot. "What about you?"