Embarrassed

One month later

"I like this resume rightchea." Greyson Minnelli pointed to Sierra's name.

The third Minnelli "brother" barely glances at it. "St. Vincent?"

"Yeah that's what it say."

"If you want to interview her, then go head." The brother approves of it. Greyson sends the email to HR.

The next morning, Sierra is sitting at her computer going over taxes for a client when her email notification song plays. She and Everest had been conversing on the phone and few texts here and there, but she was still keeping him at arms-length.

With a song that made her think of him playing, she opens the email.

Subject

Interview with Minnelli Brothers Foundation for accountant position

Hi Sierra,

Thanks for your application and resume to Minnelli Brothers Foundation. We were impressed by your background and would like to invite you to interview at our office to tell you a little more about the position and get to know you better.

Please let me know which of the following times work for you, and I can send over a confirmation and details. Looking forward to meeting you,

Greyson Minnelli

Sierra is shocked that her resume had been considered. She sent it in what felt like months ago. Quickly, she responds to the email confirming that she can meet with them in about two days and shuts down her computer.

Her mind is everywhere and nowhere at the same time. She finds her best interview outfit and calms down.

She had to finish the work at hand first.

Two days later, Sierra parks her car in the parking deck. Aww hell, I think I parked in the wrong part of this deck. But I'm already late so fuck it.

Fancy ass Maserati. Mercedes.

She sits in the lobby going over her resume. Several of her former colleagues were either waiting to be interviewed or had just finished their interview.

"Ms. St. Vincent, the panel will see you now." The friendly secretary came to retrieve her. Some of those waiting looked up at her. Some encouraging, some hating. But that's life.

Sierra walks through the door and sees three men with the same face. Triplets? She thinks. All three instantly reminded her of Everest. A small smile graces her lips. One has his head down, engrossed in a phone.

"Ms. St. Vincent. My name is Greyson Minnelli, this is my cousin, Stone Minnelli (Tyson's son) and my right-hand cousin, Everest Minnelli." Everest finally looks up into the eyes of Sierra.

All the wind is sucked out of her lungs in that moment. "Let's get started, shall we?" Stone takes the reins from Greyson quickly.

Back and forth the questions go. Sierra shifts in her seat, clearly uncomfortable. Embarrassed. Humiliated.

"The panel here feel that you would make a great asset to our company."

"Thank you sir." Her voice is clipped. Professional, cold even.

"We'd like to offer you the opening position." Stone smiles at the young woman. Sierra smiles back.

"With all due respect, I'm going to have to decline your offer. Good day gentlemen." She grabs her purse as fast as she could and exits the boardroom. Gripping her bag, her bottom lip shakes.