Snatched Pt. 2

A few days after the incident in her apartment, Mia and Roman went jogging in his favorite park. It was the weekend, and though Roman didn't know the days of the week, he did know that on this day, his mother didn't leave him.

She jogged up and down the hill with the baby stroller. Then she went by the ducks to watch them.

Roman started cooing much louder than usual and when Mia looked up, Stone was bent down at the stroller. She moves it out of reach.

"Fuck! What are you doing here?" she is nervous and startled. Only because she couldn't get the incident out of her head. Mia had taken great pains to avoid her boss at every turn. Going so far as to temporarily move her things to the bottom of the building. They only communicated through company email. Frankly, she hadn't even seen him since. She missed him.

The thought made her cringe just a little.

"I saw y'all from the hill. I didn't think you'd get all pissy about it." he rolls his eyes and takes a seat on the bench. The warm cocoon returned.

"I'm not being pissy. I just, didn't expect to see you here. You don't live near here at all."

Stone is quiet. "I wanted to see Roman." He admits. "Is that a crime?"

Mia sighs before taking the baby out of the stroller to hand him over. She takes a sip of the special tea from Ms. Laveau. Suddenly her head starts spinning as she looked at Stone.

"I got this tatt when I was about, sixteen. My mom was a teacher before she met my pops and my nana was a songwriter, so I got a book with music notes around it." he shows her a tattoo on his bicep. Book with notes. Mia is sick.

Then he shows another. "I love lions. So. I got a lion with a crown on it. It's also a representation of my father, I always saw him as a king." Lion tattoo.

Mia stands and grabs Roman up. "He needs his nap. Come on, baby. Let's go. Say bye."

Roman is confused and so is Stone. He doesn't say anything but watches her walk away quickly. Something had disturbed her.

That night, Stone tossed and turned as well. Mia's tattoo was at the forefront all night. The outline of her lips on his neck, curve of her hips in his hands. And when he finally released inside of her, yess was squealed. Just how she says it in real life.

It was at that moment, Stone knew. They had to talk. And they had to talk now.

The next day at work, Stone is shocked to find out Mia had called out during the night. He takes it in stride.

At lunch, Stone pulls up at Mia's home. He sits on his car and thinks for a moment. Roman has green eyes, brown skin like himself and his mother, curly hair like him. But GREEN EYES.

Mia opens the door with her purse and a suit on. She flips her hair over her shoulder. Damn, Stone couldn't resist thinking.

"So, this is why you took off today?" he got her attention. Mia jumped. "We gotta talk, shawt."

"We will tomorrow. Right now, I'm already late for my college entrance interview. Excuse me." Her honesty catches him off guard.

"College entrance interview?"

"You said, if I got back in school, I can have the raise. Well, I'm trying to get back in school. But right now, you are in my way." She steps around him again and this time, he lets her go. He went back to the office and does another background check. And sure enough, she has an afternoon interview slot with the University of Denver Education Department.