Scarlett's Truths

ESPYs Banquet night

"I can't believe you're really going through with this." Mari watched her friend get dressed in her home. "I never thought this day would come."

"Well, in my defense, it was time

"Well, in my defense, it was time. I can't keep the charade up. It's been like six years at this point." Scar defends herself. "Now zip me up so I can meet this boy."

Scarlett was going to the ESPYs Banquet with one of her clients because he didn't want to take a random woman to the night. This year, the show was being held in Denver to give diversity to the perception of sports. Denver was home to an NBA, NFL, and NHL team so why not?

The limo was downstairs, and she shook the young boy's hand with a smile.

"I don't wanna be negative, but I hope this doesn't blow up in your face." Mari hugs her as she stood on the corner to wave them off.

"Shit, me too." she receives her friend.

Meanwhile, a pregnant Mia wiggles in her dress. "I don't even wanna go!" she complains.

"So? You're a Minnelli, unfortunately this is what we do." Ivory fussed at her. Mia rolls her eyes like her fiancé. "Be glad Rome isn't going too. When I was pregnant with the twins, the triplets went to the Charity Ball. Let your mind marinate on that." Ivory kisses her cheek.

Sierra was thirty seconds from throwing her shoe and hitting Everest in the head. "I need HALP!"

"I said give me a minute."

"That was a minute ago." She folds her arms in serious disgust. Everest straight faced her while strapping her shoe on. "Thank you." She is happy now, twirling in the mirror with her bump taking center stage.

An hour later, everybody met up together to walk in. The sports fans screamed for them, the camera made sure to get a live shot of the two couples and Royce with Greyson. The two first cousins pose for a picture together. Stone and Mia, Everest and Sierra are just ahead of them.

"No date again, Royce?" the female interviewer teases him goodnaturedly.

"Well, you weren't available." He flirts. The woman is thrown off guard with a hot flush. He and Greyson wink at the woman as they move to the next frame for photos.

"Smooth ass nigga." Greyson whispers. The two burst out laughing.

"She shut the fuck up too." Royce whispers when they stop. Cameras went crazy to get the quaint moment between family.

A few couples behind them was Scarlett and her client. She stood and posed with him, same smile every time.

"So, tell me who's the lucky lady tonight?" the interviewer inquires. The young boy looks down at Scar for confirmation.

"My agent." He says and pulls her along. Cameras and news outlets are going crazy at this point. And every interview after that focused on Scarlett. They make it inside to their seats. Scarlett is so focused on what is going on in front of her that she doesn't even notice that she is directly within view of the Minnelli Brothers and Family.