Even if it Kills You

Ice Cliff, Colorado

The next morning, Sierra woke up alone. Her thoughts went to the early morning activities. Her body looks like a punching bag. A properly pleasured punching bag, make no mistake about that.

Her ankle was no longer an issue now while she looked out the window. The blizzard had returned. Well, just wind and snow according to the weather reports. She looks at the clock in the kitchen area with surprise. It's almost noon and her stomach was not here for the neglect.

I'm ready to go to my own cabin now, she thinks as she flips the last grilled cheese sandwich. Beef soup marinated in red wine and vegetables, along with grilled cheeses her favorite.

Off on the east, about five miles away, Everest and his cousin, Greyson stood in front of Sierra's truck.

"This piece a shit shouldn't even be on the road!" Grey throws his toothpick in the fire. "Tires bald as a baby's ass, lights dimmer than a-"

"I got allat. Can you fix it?"

Greyson smirks pleasantly. "Of course I can fix it." he says in a sing-song voice. "For a price."

"I expect nothing less, fuck nigga." Everest hands over the cash.

Greyson laughs out. "I wasn't speaking in terms of money. I wanna meet the woman you're 'helping.'" Grey baits him.

"Not yet." Everest shakes his head. Greyson isn't pleased but doesn't say anything.

"She don't know you. She know Ev but not Everest Minnelli..."

"We'll revisit this bruh." Everest promises as he gets in his own truck zooms away. Greyson looked after his cousin in concern.

"Bout time you showed up. Your food is getting cold." Sierra sat in the bed after changing the sheets.

Everest smirked at her. "That's cute. I missed you too." his kool-aid smile made her send him a bird. "Let me eat first."

Suddenly, Forrest, Everest's father, appears on the tv screen. He was a guest on the politics channel as an opinion panelist. Bryn sat to his right and Judge Anika Moreau sat to his left.

"You know, I've always admired Forrest and Bryn as a pair. They don't even know me from a can of paint but they're cool." Sierra turns her attention to Everest's parents on the screen.

On the last question, Forrest blushed a little. "Aww man, my kids are awesome." Everest's face dropped almost immediately. "My son has branched away from the Family and has his own company with a few of his cousins and I'm proud of him."

"We both are." Bryn adds with a glint in her eyes. Everest fidgets just a little.

Sierra looks over in curiosity, "What's wrong with you?"

"My back itch that's all." He lies. "Have you thought about putting your resume with the Minnelli Brothers Foundation?"

"Hell NO! I'm nice with the numbers but um, I'm no pro. I be chill with what I do."

"I think you should do it. wouldn't hurt to try. They can only decline you." He convinces her.

"Alright...I guess I'll do it."

A few hours later, Sierra finds herself practicing her meditation and yoga. Part of this was to show Everest just what she was made of.

Currently Everest had left just for a moment to check on her truck since the storm was waning now.

Sierra flips into a very sexual position when she saw him coming up the stairs. Seconds later, a triumphant smirk crept over her lips as the door to the common room opened and she heard Everest's sharp intake of breath and his muttered 'shit'.