Ice Water

"He's met his father." Ms. Laveau is not asking. Mia looks at the older woman doubtfully.

"Mia, you may be in denial or scared about who that child's father is. But Miz Laveau knows and sees all things. His father is a very powerful man, owns a lot of things. Has a lot of money...may be even comes from a powerful family. And when he is ready to do so, he will come for his child. If he hasn't already."

Mia blinked for a moment while she got ready for bed. Her thoughts got the best of her as she finished her bedtime routine.

Roman fought hard tonight. His little face turned red with anger and finally at almost 2 am, he fell asleep. Mia hated seeing her baby like this. She sighed to herself and dosed off.

I could've sworn I heard a baby giggle. But now I don't... she goes in and out of consciousness that night at the corporation.

"Aye, you not slick. You need ta go ta bed lil dude. Just cuz ya mama not watching you, don't mean you get off yo routine." Mia can hear Stone's voice as he fussed. She struggles to wake up, she was just too tired.

The next day, Mia is exhausted. Between the dreams and getting up at the ass crack of dawn, everything was taking a toll.

Her phone buzzes like crazy during a meeting. She tips away while acknowledging Stone's green eyes on her face.

"Hey, Mia. Roman may have a fever. I'm not sure..." Ms. Laveau calls her before 9 am.

"Okay, I'll-" The door opens suddenly. Her eyes widened.

"What's wrong with him?" Stone is hovering over her. His green eyes far more intense than usual.

"My baby has a fever. So I'm going to go take him to the doctor and home. Might be just tired. He didn't sleep good last night." She admits.

Neither did I, Stone thought. He hasn't slept well since he met the baby. And there's a possibility that Roman is his son.

"Okay, I might be able to stop by on my lunch break..." he follows her to her office space.

Mia stops in her tracks. "You don't need to come by, Stone. We'll be fine. I promise."

"I don't need to, but I want to."

Mia looks at her boss. The concern on his face for her baby made her smile. "Okay, here's the address." She slides him a piece of paper before getting on the elevator.

Yesterday he wasn't even talking to me. Now he's all concerned about my kid.

A few hours later, Roman was determined not to be sick at all. But simply tired. Nothing else was wrong. Completely healthy baby. Physically that is.

Stone showed up around 3 once he decided not to go back after lunch.

Roman could be heard outside the apartment door.

Stone knocked on the door. Mia shuffles around in the room, frazzled. She puts him down, only for the baby to get even louder. So she answers with her son in her arms.

Stone was dressed in casual clothes, a stark difference in his office attire of all black. "I'm sorry..." her hair is all over the place. Mia didn't look like herself either.

Roman reaches for the man in desperation, almost flinging himself into Stone's arms. Immediately, rubbing his nose in the man's neck. I missed you too.

Roman reaches for his bottle. Stone holds it for him. Mia doesn't miss the moment.

"I don't know what it is about you..." Mia smiles a little. "Maybe skin to skin contact would help too."

In seconds, Stone has his shirt off. Her mouth drops slightly. His rippling chest, tattoos-

"Such a sweet lil dude." Stone coos at him.

Mia has a hard time focusing on what is at hand. What she really wanted, the urge had long been buried.

"Have you decided what school you going to?" He brings her attention back to the present.

"Huh? Um, I don't know if now is the time." Roman had passed out. Full and protected...by his father.

Mia moves the baby from the warm cocoon of Stone's chest and into his bedroom. The baby is out for the night.

The warmth of the room didn't stop when Roman was laid in his bed. In fact, the room got warmer once he was fine.

Mia thought she could walk quickly to her room. But Stone stood in the hallway, foot crossed over the other. "You got time for school. You just don't want to."

"I don't. I work until 5 every day. Plus, childcare is an expense that fluctuates." Her excuse is valid.

"Then quit the corporation." He shrugged.

"Men like you will never get it. I can't just quit, Stone. I have bills, and a mouth outside of my own to feed." And with that she leaves him in the small hallway.

"What you mean men like me don't get it?" Of all she said, that's all he cared to hear. "I want the best for you, Mia." His accent curled around her name like a lullaby. Pushing her closer to that point.

Her cheeks turned red. "You should want what's best for all your employees. Not just me." Mia tries to create the division between them. Stone refuses.

They are standing in the hallways of her area now. The cocoon is wrapping around them. Stone's height loomed over her. Her body unbearably warm now.

Without any words, he kisses her. Sparks flew all over them. He pulls her to him by her butt, careful to brush his fingers toward the back of her pussy. Wet.

Mia allows a quiet moan to slip as he suckled on her flesh. Like her son would in his early days to memorize her.

Stone pushed her door open, picking her up.

"Stone, stop. You need to think." She warns him.

"Only thing I'm thinking about is that pussy." Wet. He suckles harder on her skin. He rubs her clit gently, barely touching it outside her panties. Her legs started shaking.

Her mouth drops. "Oh my-"

As much as she wanted, no needed this, one fact remained. "You are my boss. Not my man."

Her words sliced through him like ice. Cold, precise. Stone is disappointed but she was right. "We cross that line, there's nothing you can say to stop me from resigning Stone. I mean it."

He had no choice but to agree.