Breath of Fresh Air

Two days later

Sierra woke up a little later than she normally did. Her office was finally dried so she moved in yesterday. She ignored Everest as he talked shit about her decoration choices.

"That's what's wrong with this house. You clearly did the painting choices yourself. No color whatsoever. I know your grandmother was not here for it." she'd flipped her hair on the way out of his office.

"And so!" he threw a pencil at the door. "You'll be back."

"Clingy ass nigga. I don't see how Pricilla works for you. I would've been quit." She retorts.

"You working for me now anyways." His eyes bounced around happily at his kinda girlfriend. Everest wrapped his arms around her securely. "I gotta go to the fields today and tomorrow so I'm staying at one of the cabins."

"You that far down?" she frowned. Sierra was in the process of getting Ev to get her a golf cart so she could get around on the 10 square mile property with ease. "Alright...that means I need to make your meals and get them froze." She puts her files down on the desk and leaves for the kitchen.

"I'ma marry you guh..." he hollers from the balcony to the kitchen.

"Ask your crew what they want to eat! I wanna have breakfast out there next week."

Everest salutes her and heads out the door.

Sierra sends Everest's food by one of his handlers and heads to her office to finish her work for the day.

The next morning, she moved around sluggishly. The sunlight was gorgeous in their room.

She gets dressed for the day and goes downstairs and almost jumped out of her skin.

"May I help you?" she looks the equally short girl up and down carefully. The visitor turns around with a smile and raised eyebrows.

"I never thought I'd see the day! My brother done found his person. Amethyst Minnelli, Everest's sister." She extends her hand for a shake.

Sierra lets out a breath. "Sierra St. Vincent, pleasure meeting you."

"Pleasure is all mine hell. I didn't think Ev would ever find you." She giggled. "I can't wait for Lola and my Pops to meet you too."

"Whoa sis...I just met you!" she chuckles uneasily. "Let's see if you even like me."

Amie doesn't respond but smirks for a second. "What you got to eat up in here guh!"

"I could whip you up something real quick before I get started on lunch for the crew." She offers. Amie nods. Sierra washes her hands and gets to work.

"How long you been cooped up in this tundra of land?" Amie teases her.

"You don't like it here? I love it...I lived about twenty minutes up the road for a good while before I met Everest."

"How did you meet anyway?" Amie watches her flip the pancake with ease. Sierra had decided on a pancake omelet since it was relatively quick.

"My truck broke down on County Road 13 in the middle of a storm. Ev came outta nowhere on Phoenix and dropped me in one of the cabins on the property."

"And you never left..." Amie pops open a bottle of wine. "Get yo man sis!"

"You make it sound so simple..." Sierra serves her the food and pulls out fresh tomatoes from the garden that Pricilla had started in the back of the house. "Sometimes I know and then other times I'm second guessing myself to the fullest." Sierra is uncharacteristically chatty.

"Why are you second guessing?"

The door opens and Marcus walks in with the list. "Here you go Miz Sierra. Breakfast wish list for next week."

"I'm surprise Ev actually did it." she takes it with a warm smile. "Have you eaten yet?"

"No ma'am. We bout to have a break right now. I left my lunch bag at house this morning."

"I have an extra omelet if you want it." she shoves it in the man's hands without hearing if he wanted it or not. "And tell Ricardo I said don't be out there in that field without his hat on or no sunscreen. I'm not playin with him!"

"Yes ma'am. You know he out there without nuthin on. Good day Miz Amie, Miz Sierra." Marcus takes his leave with a little breakfast and a lifetime of gratitude.

"Now, what were we talking about?" Sierra smirks with a glass of wine. Amie is so impressed that she doesn't remind her.

The two bounce ideas off each other for the grocery trip. The backdoor opens again. Everest walks in with a sweaty face. "Si!"

"Aww shit! Amie! I ain't got nothing started for the crew!" she laughing and tripping over herself. "We can do sandwiches."

"Si! Hey Amie!" Ev bounds in the kitchen with a bright smile on his face. He hugs his sister first. Sierra is bent over in the refrigerator. "What you been doin all this time besides drankin wine?"

"We were also discussing the grocery trip I got to make for the wish list. And just getting to know each other. Nosy ass!" Sierra ends with a fuss. "Are you done for the day?"

"I am...the crew might not though. I got one pregnant...finally." He stands at the door, watching the two women move around in the kitchen. The Bond tugs at his heart. Amie nods her head while Sierra was distracted.

"Don't just stand in my kitchen smellin like outside. Go shower..." she shoos him out.

"I never thought this day would come..." Amie mumbles in pride.

Once Sierra had fed the crew, she excused herself into her office to finish the books.

Amie burst into her brother's office with wide eyes. "I didn't expect her to be so...for you." She smiles. "And she can cook her ass off! If you don't marry her, I'll do it myself."

"Shuddup, Amie." He is beaming in pride. "I'm working on it. I promise you that."

"I would say you got til about...Christmas to have something almost in stone before Grandpop Aries is on your head." She warns him.

"I know...Pops said something to me the other day. He knows something is in the works."

"She just might...she just needs her own way. And I can definitely see this place running like a well-oiled machine just before fall." Amie shrugs. "I love her already brother..."

"I do too." his mind drifts with a satisfied smile etched on his face.