Changing Lifestyle

The next day, Stone held Roman in his arms as Mia followed them down the stairs of the apartment building. A warm Suburban truck waited for them down below. Roman gave her a very Minnelli smirk like he was leaving her behind.

"I don't know why you smirking. I'm coming too." she playfully fussed at her baby. The baby is disappointed in this. "That's why yo head long like his too."

"Damn, Mia. That's low. You know I'm self-conscious bout my head." Stone plays hurt. She mhms him and strapped the baby in comfortably. He waits for her to put her seatbelt in before taking off.

"You said your house is an hour outside the city? I heard that right?" Mia takes off his coat and snow boots. Then, she turns the tv on in the back to Roman's baby learning channel. He has on noise canceling baby headphones.

"Yes. You know this..."

"Okay, Mr. Minnelli. Who are you?" she pokes her head toward the drivers seat. "How did you get into these different things?"

"You really wanna know?"

"Well, I'm stuck in this backseat for an hour with a baby that don't fool with me anymore...I mean."

"You sarcastic as hell."

"You knew this though." She throws his words back at him. "I'm serious." she bats her brown eyes at him flirtatiously.

"So, you know I have a twin and a triplet sister, then a set of boy-girl twin siblings too. Outside of them, Greyson and Everest are who I consider my brothers too. Greyson is my first cousin; my pops and his pops are brothers. His pops is actually the baby brother out of them. My dad has three brothers and a sister. Tied for the most siblings in his generation."

"But I remember Everest saying he was from Miami in my interview..."

"The other three of our group are from Sunset Valley, California. It's a very LA-esque area in northern California."

Mia is intrigued by his profile, his focus on the road ahead. The small details about his skin, the different moles and freckles in it. The small grey hairs in his beard. The small tattoo going down the side of his neck. Flutters in her stomach caught her off guard and she blushed.

"I was the CEO of the Minnelli Family Headquarters at twenty-three years old. And bored. I felt I had reached the heights of my goals.

Everest moved to Colorado first because he has a horse named Phoenix and he felt he should go to a climate more suited for horses. Soon after that he started his horse mating/racehorse thing. So one night, in the man cave of his pops wing of the mansion in Miami, he goes into detail about starting his own consulting firm. I'm interested because, I'm bored...I need a new challenge."

"You don't look like a man that likes risks."

"Depends on what risks we're talking about. So, me and Royce twenty-three. Ev is about twenty-two when we start the talks up. We decided to do it in Colorado because it was Ev's idea."

"But you're stable..."

"Back then, I didn't care bout stability like I do now. None of us did honestly. We have no problem picking up, dropping jobs and going somewhere else. And to some degree, I'm still like that. I'm constantly looking into shit to invest in, pull out of. That comes with being wealthy and a daredevil in business."

"Okay...just how old are you?"

"Dirty thirty shawty. I told you to do ya research."

"Anyways! Back to the story."

"So, we build a new building downtown because I like new shit. I'm a bourgeoisie (bougee) man at heart. Greyson joins us a year later and we grow from just a little something to a real force. At that point, I feel good because we weren't used to shit not working out in our favor. Never mind that business savvy runs through my veins. We moved from California permanently and the rest is history."