Chapter One (Part One)

Kim Yongsun,more commonly known as Solar within the Assasin's Guild,was the same as she always had been for the past year.
Unconscious.
Trapped in a suspended animation tank twice her height,her body encased in clear goo,her limbs,her hair all sprawled out around her.
Kim Yongsun never failed to fascinate Moon Byul Yi. She'd watched over the young Assasin ever since she was placed in this massive tank,yet she seemed to discover something new every time she came.
Today, she saw that Yong sun's hair was actually a very pale silvery white blond,not pure white like she'd always thought it was. It was all thanks to the lighting hitting at the right time and angle,really.
The colouring,as beautiful as it was, was strange. Yongsun's medical records held no mentions of albinism. Neither did her parents'.Even with those factors Yongsun's skin and hair were paler than fresh snow. And,according to rumors she'd heard from around the Guild, Yongsun's eyes, when they'd been open,had been the same red as blood.
Wether those rumors were true or not, Byul Yi wasn't allowed to know.
Her job only included monitoring Kim Yongsun.
Nothing more than that.
Something that had gone on for far too long,the Queen of Assasins, the head of the Assassin's Guild, Kwon Boah, had declared.
The Guild was international, but its primary base was within the Eurasian Commonwealth. More specifically, the Peninsula of Korea. Hundreds of years ago, the Third World War had broken out, nearly destroying the Earth.
To establish peace, the Eurasian Commonwealth, the United African Nations and the American Federation was brought to life. Each covered continents. The EC Europe and Asia, the UAN Africa, and the AF the Americas.
Each had then installed its own royal family. The EC was ruled by the Hwang Dynasty, currently headed by the Empress Seulgi,who'd begun her reign last year.
The same time Yongsun fell into this comatose state.
" It's been a year now, hasn't it, Byul Yi ? " a deep voice called out.
Walking towards her was Hansol Vernon Chwe, simply known as Vernon. He was younger yet more accomplished than Byul Yi. A top Assasin, he was the only one considered to be skilled enough to be partnered with the Guild's shining gem, Kim Yongsun.
He was also like Yongsun in another department - the looks department. He was rather tall,taller than Byul Yi. His eyes were hazel, his hair as black as the darkest night.
He walked with a confident gait, as he always did. He was dressed in black, as usual. Against all that darkness his pale skin seemed to glow. He held his quarterstaff in his hands - a creation of winterglass,with poison filled,miniscule spikes. Encased within swirls was a tiny orb of crystal, with a sprig of baby's breath in the very center that glowed with a golden light.
Winterglass - it was one of the hardest metals,if it can even be considered as such,on Earth. It'd only been discovered a few decades ago. It was beautiful to behold, but it was harder than diamond, and it hit harder than a thousand full grown elephants combined.
The flower orb was known as the core orb. It was like the glass - lovely but tough. Why there was a flower within was still unknown, but every winterglass ore ever discovered had a core orb,which was impossible to remove from the glass. Without the orb, winterglass was just regular glass.
"It has,Vernon, " Byul Yi replied,her nerves - thankfully - not showing in her voice.
"One full year,and still not awake." Vernon ' tawny eyes found the unconscious girl in the tank.
Byul Yi wasn't sure what Vernon saw Yongsun as. A partner, a romantic interest,a sister or simply a friend, she wasn't sure.
Then again, like so much else, it wasn't her place to know. That was solely between Vernon and Yongsun, and only them.
"Taeyeon-nim isn't sure if Yongsun-ssi will ever wake up," Byul Yi finally confessed. Kim Taeyeon was the head of the medical wing, Byul Yi's mentor and teacher.
Vernon's face betrayed none of the emotions he could possibly be feeling. It stayed still, like an untouched lake." I'd already expected this, yet..." Vernon ' s voice trailed off emotionlessly. He then snapped back to focus in an instant. His eyes found her own peculiar blue ones,and they burned like twin coals.
"When is the fluid being changed ?" he asked, of all possible questions.
"T-tomorrow,"she answered, caught completely off guard.
How peculiar of Vernon.
"Good," he mummered red more to himself than to them both. "At what time?"
"Twelve in the afternoon,"she replied, utterly confused at that point. She wondered if Vernon had been knocked in the head recently. This behavior was unusual for him.
"Good," he replied with what might have been a smile, something no one had ever seen from the Hansol Vernon Chwe. "I want to be there when it happens."
Byul Yi agreed to it,even though Taeyeon would've refused, albeit politely. But Kim Taeyeon was one of the Guild's higher ups, and Moon Byul Yi was not.
If you refused an Assassin, especially one as high ranking as Vernon, you cold literally end up dead,with your intrails cut from your body the next day.