- 제2장

𝐃𝐎𝐍'𝐓 𝐁𝐄 𝐀 𝐒𝐈𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐑!! 𝐕𝐎𝐓𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓!

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

jisun was tired.
she had gotten out of the hospital three months ago. everything had settled down, her parents were now at peace, buried next to each other. she successfully sold her house but kept the things she really held dear to her heart as well as her own things.

her court hearing was approved by a judge and the court date was set to august 1, 2010 @ 1 pm. to which her lawyer and one of the nurses that had gotten close with jisun while her time in the hospital, healing, would be taking her.

jisun was giddy with anxiety. she never had anxiety, but she assumed that because of the accident and the trauma she experienced through it all had been the cause. the doctor would've prescribed the poor girl an anxiety and anti-depressants medication, but she didn't have a legal adult to sign the papers, so all they could do was be there supporting her and cheering her up.

--

the day arrived and jisun did nothing but silence herself. she didn't have the energy to talk. the female nurse, lee jisoo, who had become almost the best of friends with jisun, hadn't left jisun's side since she woke up.

walking along with her lawyer, park baejin, they entered the large court house at 12:40 pm.

--

"all rise!" they called out as the judge ordering the court today walked out of the office that stood behind the court room itself. "you may take your seats" the same person called out once the judge and everyone else in the room bowed.

"is it kim jisun?" the judge asked in his microphone in front of him. said girl stood from her seat. "y-yes sir." she stuttered out quietly not sure how loud her voice actually sounded due to 1. her being overall 60% deaf (between both ears: about 50% of her hearing in her left ear as for her right ear she lost about 10% of her hearing) and 2. because her heart beating vigorously in her chest.

the judge nodded his head looking at said girl for a moment before looking down at her file. "and today you're looking to.." he stopped to read over the words of her request, "emancipate?"

the girl hadn't heard him properly, so she stood confused for a moment before she saw motion in front of the stadium, on her side of the room; an interpreter signing what the judge had asked.
finally understanding what the judge had asked, said girl nodded her head, not knowing what else to say.

"alright, is it alright if we can have you step on the stand? we'll need to test to see whether you are eligible at your age to live off on your own or not." the judge said, not necessarily asking, but telling.

jisun looked over at her new found friend, jisoo, who was behind her, sitting behind the railing separating the table jisun and baejin were seated at, an encouraging smile on her face, nodding her head telling the girl it'll be okay. jisun looked back at the officer who had come to her table she sat at to escort her, nodding her head, she stepped out now in front of the walk way, slowly making her way to the stand. due to the crutches she had to continue using for a little longer due to her, still, broken foot, it took her a bit longer to get to where she had to sit.