Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Cara

I woke up to my alarm going off at 6 am. I slept great last night. I awoke with a smile on my face and quickly took a shower and got dressed for the day. I ran down stairs after I finshed and had breakfast. In my family the only people that sit at the table are my Mom, Leah, and myself.

"How was your night honey?" My mom asked, sipping her coffee.

"Did you guys kiss!?" Says Leah. I give her a look and she smiles at me.

"That's none of your business..." I said. 

"Cara, she was only curious." My mom said. I frown and as soon as my mom turns her back, Leah glares at me.

"Yah, who would wanna kiss you!" She whispers.

"Well I'm happy for you honey." My mom says as she pours a cup of coffee. I look over at Leah and notice that she isn't dressed for school.

"You better go and get ready, you're going to be late." I said. She grinned evily at me.

"Well, your Dad, Leah, Jenna and I are going to your grandmothers for the weekend." My mom says. Seriously!? That's not fair...I love my grandparents. And how come Leah get's to go!

"So Leah can go?" I say with a slight attitude. My mom looks up at me and shakes her head.

"And what about Chris and I?" I asked.

"Well, you two stil have school. Leah's last day was yesturday. Didn't she tell you?" She said. I think about this for a moment. Se probably did, but ignore a good majority of what she says so ...yah... But this is so unfair! I wish our school got out earlier too...

"So where are we going to stay? Here? Alone?" I asked.

"Chris is staying with the Shepherd's." She said.

"So I'm home alone?" I asked.

"Well, I trust you. You never let me down. But you could go over to Ava's house. I'm sure they'll welcome you."

"Alright." I reply. I decided to stay home. I love Ava's house, but I never get to be home alone to much so I'm gonna take this while I can. She told me to pack a bag and kissed my forehead and she was off to work. My Dad comes walking in the kitchen then to get coffee.

"Dad? Keith's picking me up for school today." He looks up and smiles.

"Alright kiddo. I like that boy. We're going fishing together next weekend. Him and his pops is comming with me and your uncle Kevin."

"What!?" I was so shocked.

"Yah, it'll be great!" He left the kitchen then. I went upstairs to pack a bag and all my necessities. Then I heard Keith's car horn and ran downstairs. My dad had already left and took Leah  to drop her off at my aunts house. Chris lef with my dad to get dropped off at school. When I got outside, he had already opened the door for me.

"Morning beautiful." He kisses my cheek and I get inside.

"Goodmorning." I reply. He starts the car and we were on our way.

When we get to school he parks in his spot and looks at me.

"Cara?" He looked somewhat nervous.

"Yah Keith?"

"I...I want..I mean...Do you wanna go out? I mean, like go steady..well more like. I don't know, do you wanna hang out more?" He looked into my eyes like he was trying to read me. Studying my features. Trying to see what my responce would be. In my mind I'm thinking YES!!! But instead I say, "Yah, I'd like that." With that he kisses me and smiles.