Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Cara

I pulled up to Ava's house and saw Alex walk out the door. I got out and he hugged me. When he pulled away I noticed he was crying softly.

"What am I going to do Cara?" I touched his shoulder empathetically and he wiped his face ashamedly.

"It's going to be okay Alex. Maybe you should call Keith, or go over his house. I gotta go talk to Ava. Will you be okay to drive home alone?" He nodded and hugged me again. I walked into the house without knocking and went straight to Ava's room. She wasn't there but I heard throwing up in the bathroom across the hall. I knocked on the door and slowly opened it.

"Ava?" I saw her bent over the toilet puking. I walked over and held up her hair. When she was finished, I helped her wash her face and walked her to her room. She layed on the bed and i turned the A.C on. I sat down next to her and gave her the water bottle that was on her nightstand.

"I can't believe this is what you went through." I saw tears run down her face and I passed her a tissue.

"It gets better though." I thought about the babies inside of me and realized that if I told her now, she would feel a lot worse. Her eyes widened and her face got pale.

"My mom! What is she going to think!? What is she going to say!? I can't tell her!"

"No, Ava, you have to. She's going to find out eventually anyway." She sighed and layed back down.  We layed there for hours, just staring at the ceiling. She occasionally glanced over at my belly and sighed. I took her hand and told her everything would be okay.

"We'll get through this together." I say. she looked at me and smiled.

"Best friends forever."