Chapter 34

Chapter 34

Cara

I desperately needed some air in my tire! It was like five days later and I really wanted to see Caleb again. I dialed his number and took a deep breath. He answered on the first ring.

            “Hey, Caleb here.” He said.

“Hi Caleb. It’s Cara, the girl with no car?” I said.

“I remember.” He laughed, I felt myself blush then. “So, what’s up?”

“Uh, I need air for my tires and don’t know how to do it or where to go.” I said. I heard him chuckle a bit and sigh.

“Okay, I’m in the neighborhood. Probably like a block away from Turtle Ridge. Do you think if I gave you directions to my house, you could come?” He asked. I paused for a moment. I was going to his house!

“Sure. I have a GPS.” I said. He gave me his address and I grabbed my pursed and headed to my car. When I got there, Ashley was sitting on the front porch waiting for me.

“Took you long enough girl!” She said loudly. I smiled and walked up to her. She hugged me immediately. I hugged her back and saw Caleb coming outside behind her.

“Hey.” He said. He smiled at me and everything went in slow motion again. I shook my head and snapped out of it. I must have looked stupid staring at him like he was steak from Longhorn Steak House. He walked past to me to my car folded his arms on his chest. I saw him shake his head and I bit back a laugh.

“You know, your tires are fine right?” He said. Ashley laughed and sighed.

“Oh Cara, trying to get my brothers attention?”

“No! I mean, it just felt like it needed air!” He turned around and smiled.

“It’s okay. Do you want to go get something to eat? My sister and I are starving.”

“Yah! I’m feeling for steak.”

I had about 200 dollars so I could pay for them, but I couldn’t go anywhere fancy. Caleb sat in the passenger seat. It was cool because he liked the same music I liked. Ashley was singing loudly in the backseat to every song on the CD. I looked back in the rear view mirror and Ashley was dancing with her eyes closed. I laughed to myself and pulled up to restaurant.

We ordered and ate and I was noticing that Caleb really liked me. He was sweet and funny. I loved his smile and he always made me laugh. Aside from his beautiful looks, he was a great guy. Ashley told me about their life. Their mom died last year and Caleb has been taking care of Ashley since. He seems like such a great big brother. He cares so much about her.

Ashley told me she was going to the bathroom and left Caleb and I alone. She winked at me as she walked away and I knew she planned that.

“So, is it a boy or a girl?” he asked. I felt myself blush and I looked down at my stomach.

“Two girls.” I said. He smiled. I expected his face to be shocked but he just smiled which made me feel a lot better.

“That’s great. Did you already have a baby shower?” He asked. I nodded and he just stared at me. “When are you due?” He asked.

“February 27th. I’m almost there.” I said. He smiled again.

“I know you’re probably thinking that I’m weird for asking you all these questions. But I honestly don’t mind. Its okay with me, I think it’s beautiful actually. Just like you.” He said. I blushed and he brushed the hair out of my eyes.

“I like you Cara. I may not know you too well, but I want to get to know you.” He told me. I smiled at him then. It was such a relief. You never found a guy that would want to date you when you’re seven months pregnant with twins! He took out his wallet then. I stopped him and put my hand on his.

“Don’t worry, I got it.” I told him. He smiled at me and took the money out of his wallet.

“It’s fine. My treat. The guy always pays.” He said. I smiled at him and he took my hand. We walked to the exit of the restaurant hand in hand.

Ashley walked up behind us and hugged me.

“I knew it!” She yelled. We both laughed and went back to Caleb’s house.

When we got there Ashley hugged me again and went inside. She thanked me for the dinner and told me goodnight. Caleb walked up to me and touched my cheek. I remembered how Keith never kissed on the first date. But honestly, I wasn’t Keith and Caleb wasn’t either so I could do whatever I wanted. Caleb put his hands around my waist and kissed me lightly. He looked into my eyes and smiled.

            “You’re glowing.” He said. We both laughed and he hugged me as much as he could.

            “Can I see you tomorrow?” He asked.

            “Sure, what do you want to do?” I asked him.

            “We could go to the beach, just the two of us. Ashley has school.

            “That’d be nice. I don’t have a bathing suit that could possibly fit me though.” I said and laughed. He shook his head and smiled

            “We don’t have to go in the water if you don’t want.” He said. I imagined us walking on the beach and smiled. He kissed my cheek and told me he’d call me. He walked me back to my car and then went inside.

He came and picked me up around 11:30. When I went ouside to meet him, I noticed that he had gotten a new truck. It wasn’t the same dirty old pick up truck, It was a nice red ford truck with a back seat and everything. He just smiled and helped me inside.

“When did you get this?” I asked him. He laughed and said,

“This morning. It was time to trade in the other one. I figured that this would come in handy in the future.” I thought about what he said and smiled. Was he talking about my babies? Such a sweet guy if he was.

As we drive, we talked about his job and how his boss was such an idiot. He made me laugh a lot and I loved that. Then he asked me about Keith. He wanted to know if he was still in the picture. I told him how we met to how we broke up. His face looked angry and he didn’t seem to like Keith after that. When we got there, he took my hand and we walked to the shore. It was so beautiful. The water was clear and calm. The waves were small but fun. He splashed me a lot and we played in the water a bit. I didn’t intend to get wet but I was anyway. He was strong and picked me up and pun me around. His embrace was warm and friendly and I was falling for him every second I was there. We sat in the sand for a while and held hands. He played with my fingers and kissed me hand every now and then. I was REALY falling for him. He was so romantic. He made me feel wanted and so, alive! He asked me if he could touch me stomach and I nodded. He rubbed it and I smiled. It was a nice picture. Although it wasn’t Keith, it was him and that was good enough. He started talking to the girls. Not in an annoying baby voice, but in his regular voice. He placed his head on my stomach and his eyes widened. I felt them kick and he laughed. He lifted his head up to mine and kissed me.

“Cara, would you be my girlfriend?” He asked.

“Of course I will.” And with that, we kissed for a while and laid there in the sand, watching little kids playing in the water. It was what I needed after all the crap I went through. It was what I wanted, and I wanted him.

*********************A/N

 Hey guys! Hope you like the chapter! Its soo romantic!!♥.♥! Please vote for me my lovely readers! Please comment!  I get so happy when you do! Thanks! If you need a cover just ask ssgreene! She did my cover and it looks gorgeous! oh and i thank everyone who commented because they're so funny!!!!! lol i love you alllllll!!!!!

Ciao!!!!! :)

~~~~~<Kamie>~~~~~

XoXoXoXoX

                                                                                                                                 ********************