Chapter 23

Chapter 23

Keith

The house is ours. That house was perfect. There really were no downsides or flaws to that house. Everything about that house was perfect. Ava and Cara were so happy, and that was what I was aiming for. After today with all it's ups and downs I just wanted to sleep. I let Ava drive as long as she drove the speed limit. I sat in the back seat with Cara and rubbed her belly.

"Are you happy with our choice babe?" I ask her. She looks up at me and smiles.

"Of course I am. It was perfect. There's no other house that would be better for our family. The neighborhood was great and everything. But what should we do with that extra room on the second floor?" I thought for a moment. This was true. That room could be Ava's, but, she really wanted the basement. It had it's own entrance and exit aside from the stairs that led to the first floor. There were stairs on the side of the house that led to a yellow door to the basement. I thought about making that room a man cave. I mean, there's going to be so many girls around me, I'm going to need a place where I can just relax.

"Babe, how does this sound to you? A man cave."

"A 'man cave'?" Ava and Cara said simutaneously. Then they both laughed. I shook my head.

"Well, since I'm trading in my car, I might as well have my own place to be me!" It got really quiet and Cara stared at me.

"What?" I say.

"Your going to trade in your car baby?!" Her face lit up. I coud've swore I told her this already.

"Yes. I mean, after that stupid fight? I now know that we're having two girls and I want them as safe as possible. I mean, what if I had to bring them somewhere?" She continued to stare at me and then she kissed me so passionately. When she let go I was staring at her!

"Woah!" She smiled and winked at me.

When we got finally back at my place and we were exhausted. My mom was in her room asleep and my sister Kaitlynn was over. She hugged me when she saw me. Apparently my mom told her everything and she's been worried sick about me.

"Are you alright?" She asks. I smile and tell her I'm fine.

"Mom called me and told me what happened. I came here as soon as I could." She hugged me again and I laughed. I saw Cara smile behind Kay and pulled away.

"Um, Kaitlynn, this is my fiance, Cara." Her eyes widen and she smiled.

"Cara! Oh my gosh! How are you hun!?" She goes over to Cara and kisses both her cheeks. She knew she was Italian and that all the people in her family did it.

"Hi." Kaitlynn looked down at Cara's stomach and then glanced back at me. We haven't seen or spoken to eachother since that BBQ and she knew nothing. Kay pulled a fake smile and said she'd be right back. She pulled my arm towards the kitchen and slammed her hand on the kitchen counter.

"What the hell is going on!?" I looked at the ground. I could tell my mom, but my big sister was a different story.

"Keith! You're going out with a girl who got pregnant by another dude!?"

"No...not exactly-"

"Keith! Oh...my...God!"

"Look, I was going to tell you but I kinda forgot-"

"You forgot about your own sister!?"

"Kaitlynn, just let me talk alright!?" She took a deep breath and sat down.

"I got Cara pregnant." She full out sreamed as loud as she could.

"Wait! I love her, and she's the best thing that's ever happened to me. She's amazing and beautiful and funny and smart and talented and I've always loved her, you know that!" She just shook her head and looked away.

"She's pregnant with twin girls, my baby girls. I'm going to be a great dad. And I asked her to marry me. She's my fiance and we're moving to Laguna Beach to start our lives together." I sighed of exhaustion after saying all of that. She just stared at me and slowly got up.

"Keith. You're my baby brother. yah I'm a little dissapointed, but I'm always going to love you. I like Cara, she's a really nice girl. But you are just so young! And twins!? And marriage!? And the OC!? It's just so much...You haven't even called me or texted me or anything. I just feel like me, your only sister, being the last to know is just ridiculous. But, I'm going to be an auntie! And I'm a little excited about that." She smiled and hugged me. I hugged her tightly and appologized. It was very rare for us to disagree or to be arguing. She told me that she brought Adam and he's playing in my room.

I went into the living room and Cara wasn't there. So I went upstairs to my room and cara was playing with Adam. She was tossing him in the air and playing with his belly. It was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. She kissed his cheeks and held him in her arms. That would be us. She would be doing that with one of our babies. I walked in and sat next to her. She looked up and smiled at me.

"How old is he?" She asked.

"10 months. He likes you." I kiss her cheek and she smiles.

"I like him. Keith, we're going to be such good parents to the girls. We won't be perfect but, we'll do our best." I smile and hear a knock on my door. Kaitlynn walks in then with Adam's baby bag on her shoulder.

"Hey. Congratulations Cara. I'm sure you'd be a great mom. You're doing great with Adam." Cara gives Adam to me and gets up. She walks over to Kay and smiles.

"Would you like to listen?" Kaitlynn nodded excitedly and pressed her head to Cara's stomach. Apparently one of the kicked and she smiled.

"Isn't it beautiful?" Kaitlynn says. Cara nods and they hug eachother.

"Welcome to the family Cara. And if you need any advice or have any questions, here's my number." She gave Cara a small piece of paper and hugged her again.

"Time to go handsome!" She takes Adam from me and puts him in his carseat. She kisses my cheek and tells me to call her and then she leaves. I look at Cara and she's smiling.

"What's next?"

"Next step is moving."