Chapter 28

Chapter 28

Keith

I watched her walk away holding her stomach. Everything I've ever truly loved was done for me. There was nothing that I could say that would make her change her mind. I need Cara. And I need my babies. She doesn't even want me around her. What am I supposed to do? She's supposed to be moving in with me! We're supposed to be starting a family together. But wait, what is she going to do? She has no place to go. That had to be a good reason for her to stay with me! I looked up to see where she went and she was gone. I got up and ran into the hotel lobby. I looked everywhere. I quickly went up to the front desk to ask for her room number.

"Uh, excuse me! Um, I'm looking for a Cara Mason?" I said out of breath.

"I'm sorry sir, but we can't give out that kind of personal information. You see, our contract states our privacy policy-"

"Yah, um, I'm her fiancé and I really need to talk to her." I say getting a little impatient.

"I'm sorry sir, but I can't give out that kind of information. We only have the best interest for our clients here at the hotel.”

“It’s an emergency dude! She’s pregnant and she lost her phone and I really need to see if she’s okay! I have to be there for her if she goes into labor!” I said slightly irritated. The guy at the counter looked a little uncomfortable.

“Hey, man, I’m not supposed to be doing this.” He whispered.

“I know, sorry, but this would be great. Hey, I could pay you.” I say. I pull out my wallet and hand him a couple fifties and his face lights up. He quickly turns to his computer and starts typing away.

“Cara Mason you said?” He asks. I nod and his face frowns. “I’m sorry but we don’t have a Cara Mason staying here.” I glare at him.

“Dude, I just gave you like two-hundred bucks!”

“I know, and I’m not trying to rip you off or anything! It’s just that there seriously isn’t a girl with that name here!” He turned the screen towards me and I saw what he meant. There really wasn’t.

“Try…Ava Divine?” I ask. He looks at me suspiciously and shakes his head no. So there’s no Cara or Ava.

“Oh! Try Christopher Mason, that’s me.” He squints his eyes with suspicion and hesitates a second.

“What?” I say.

“Look, you’re not some kind of creepy stalker are you? Cause I could seriously get fired and I need this job!” He says angrily.

“No, I’m not, I swear!” Although that’s what Cara might tell them. I kind of do seem like a creepy stalker to her.

“Then how is your name Christopher Mason and her name Cara Mason when you two are engaged!?” He glared at me knowing something was up. I paused for a moment and thought about a lie.

“We’re cousins. Yah, I know it’s weird but in our family, we allow it.” I grin nervously, hoping that he’d buy it. He just says whatever and tells me her room number. I tell him how thankful I am over 12 times and run towards the elevator. When I reach her floor I see her still walking towards her room. I smile, knowing that she’s so pregnant that she’s walking a lot slower. I noticed that she was sniffling a lot. I knew if I snuck up on her she would be pissed. I called her name and waited for her to turn around. But she didn’t. She just stood there, not speaking or anything. I called her name again and she quickly turned around.

“What are you following me? It’s already hard enough to just walk away from you! Can’t you just take a hint!?” She says loudly. I walk towards her.