Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Cara

We woke up in the morning and went to the mall after breakfast. When we got back to Ava's we had dinner and after that we started getting ready for the party.

"I think you would look great in pink Ava." Becca says. Ava hates pink. She thinks it draws to much attention on herself.

"I'm too dark to wear hot pink!" She yells. She gets up and pulls out the new clothes we bought. She takes out a medium blue tank with dark blue denim skinny's and blue flats to match.

"That's cute. Wear that. It looks really good." I say. She smiles and walks into her bathroom.

"I still think the pink is hot Ava!" Beca yells. She gets up and takes out her clothes she bought.

"Well I'm wearing pink." She says. I laugh and start getting myself ready. I decided to wear my yellow tube top and white Capri's. I put on the new yellow wedges I got at the mall. Beca put on a white tank with a new pink jean jacket over it and a light pink skirt to match with pink pumps. When we were all dressed we start doing each others makeup and hair. I had my hair curled with jell, Ava had her hair straightened and out, and Beca had her hair in a messy bun and her bangs out. 8:30 comes around and we're ready. We hear a horn outside and everyone jumps. I'm all of a sudden very nervous.

"I don't think I want to do this anymore guys." I say.

"Oh come on! Don't be a wimp. He obviously likes you." Beca says.

"Yeah, and maybe he's nervous too!" Ava says. I think about this for a moment. It doesn't make me feel any better but I get up and tell them I'm ready anyway.

We walk downstairs and go into the living room and see the guys standing by the door laughing. Mrs. Divine was offering them food when Ava interrupted.

"I think they're fine mom." She says bitterly. She kisses her mom goodbye and tells her that we'll be back by 12. Mrs.Divine crosses her arms then. I notice that look in her eye when she's about to scold Ava.

"Avaleene, Cara-Lynn, Rebbecca, may I speak with yall' in the kitchen?" She says kindly. We all give everyother a look and excuse ourselves.

"Twelve A.M!?" She whispers with a harsh tone.

"Mom, please!? I never get to do stuff like this!" She whines.

"You certainly do not! No Christian child of mine is gonna be goin out partyin' with some boys from school!" She says.

"Mrs.Divine, how about a negotiation?" I suggest.

"Hmm...I think that's reasonable. How about ten. And that's as far as I'm gonna go!" She says. I sigh and Ava pouts.

"How about eleven thirty?" Becca says. Mrs.Divine pauses for a moment and thinks.

"Eleven...finall answer." She says seriously. We all agree and walk back out to the boys who were awkwardly standing at the door.

Chris comes running up the front steps.

"Sorry I'm late babe." He says. He looks like he ran here, but I saw my dad's car parked behind him.  Becca kisses his cheek lightly and takes his hand and walks with him toward the car. Alex offers his arm to Ava and she blushes while she happily takes it. They walk to Keith's car arm in arm laughing about a joke her mom said. Keith looks at me and smiles.

"You look great Cara." He offers his arm as well and I take it without removing my eyes from his.

"Thank you." I smile and we walk to his car.