Chapter 35

I dedicate this chapter to all my lovely fans and readers! u guys r awesomeeee! <3 love u guys!!!!!!

Chapter 35

Cara

            Caleb and I have been dating for about 2 months now. We started dating in early December and it was now the end of January. I was excited but a little bit scared because I was due any day. On Christmas we met my family in San Francisco. Chris, Ashley, Becca, Caleb and I all went down there to meet up with my mom and dad and Leah and Jenna. It was fun. My parents rented a suite in a hotel and we all celebrated Christmas together. It was fun because everyone got along and there was no drama. Caleb and my dad got along well only because Caleb wasn’t the one that got me pregnant. Ashley played with Leah and hung out with Jenna a lot. It was so strange for Jenna to be in such a great mood, but I have Ashley to thank for that. After that, Caleb and I spent New Year’s in Napa Valley. It was so romantic and it was just the two of us. It was quiet and relaxing and peaceful. We stayed for a week and it was fun to have nothing to worry about. We took off our cell phones and just went on vacation. When we got Ashley was waiting for us. She wanted to know every detail.

            “Come on! Spill it girl!” She says as I walk into their house.

            “There’s really not much to spill Ash, we just had a great time.” I told her. She squinted her eyes at me and smiled.

            “Did you two…you know?” She asked me. I widened my eyes and laughed. She would ask that.

            “No Ashley! I’m pregnant remember?”

            “So? That doesn’t mean you can’t do anything!” She said. Caleb walked into the room then. Ashley stopped talking and left the room.

            “What was that all about?” He asked.

            “Oh just Ashley being Ashley.” I said. He smiled and kissed my forehead. He handed me a glass of water and turned the TV on. His house wasn’t huge like Keith’s, it was a good size. A little bigger than my apartment but everything was on one floor. They had three bedrooms. One of the rooms was an office. It just had a computer and a TV in their so it wasn’t really an office. They had two bathrooms and a big kitchen. The house was pretty nice because their mom bought it. Caleb never seemed sad about his mother, but when he first told me about her, his eyes did tear up. I was there for him and I knew he needed me so that he could be strong for Ashley.

            It was January 31st and I was getting more and more nervous about the babies coming. I was just so used to having a big stomach and holding them for that long. It would be weird once they were out. And then, there was the thought of how good of a mother I would be. Without Keith, I thought it would be hard. But I had Caleb. I just didn’t know if he was ready for that kind of commitment. It would be a huge step and I still wanted Keith to be there. I know I told him that he couldn’t be at the birth but, I was starting to have my doubts.

            Caleb called me and asked me if I wanted to go out for lunch and I agreed. He picked me up and took me to a place called The Beachcomber at Crystal Cove. It was so beautiful. It wasn’t that crowded, which I liked. The food looked great and everything. He told me he would pay, even though it looked very expensive. We sat down at a table for two. It was nicely decorated and lovely music was playing. He took my hand and kissed it. I smiled and looked into his eyes. But then I noticed someone. It was a man, he looked familiar but I couldn’t recognize him. He was too far away. His hair was black and he was wearing a nice outfit. The more I looked at this guy, the more familiar he looked. Caleb was saying something and I was trying to listen but I really wanted to remember who this man was. Then the man who had a woman with him sat down at a table nearer to us. They looked very professional and wealthy. I decided to focus on Caleb and talking to me. Then the man pulled the chair out for the woman with light brown hair and sat down. When I saw his face I gasped. I couldn’t believe it. I hadn’t seen him in so long and when I actually saw him I didn’t even recognize him. I felt my body get warm and my pants felt wet. I looked down and there was a puddle under my chair. Did I pee? No, I already went before we sat down. Then I looked down at my stomach and gasped again.