Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Keith

Oh my God. I'm going to be a father. Oh my God. I finally thought about it all and had to keep telling myself that I was going to be a father. I loved Cara, more than anything, and I would love that baby maybe even more. I decided to go over and talk to Cara in person. She must've been so mad at me. She must think that I'm abandoning her and our baby. But I'm not. I would never leave my kid, or her for that matter. I'm the type of guy that would stay. I got up and got my keys and drove over there.

When I got there I noticed her car was there and her room light was on. I ringed her bell and Chris answered.

"Hey dude, what's good?"

"I need to talk to Cara. Now!" He looked surprised.

"She doesn't want to talk to anyone. She locked her door." He said.

"I have to talk to her! Move!" I pushed him out of the way and Mr. and Mrs. Mason looked at me with a confused look.

"Good evening Mr. Mason, Mrs. Mason." I quickly ran towards her room. I knocked on her door.

"Cara? Can I come in, It's Keith!" She came and opened the door. She looked terrible. Her eyes were red and puffy her nose was pink and her hair was a mess.

"Oh Cara..." I just wanted to hug her. She looked miserable and she smelled of puke. She closed the door behind me and layed under her covers. I laid next to her and held her in my arms. We cuddled for a moment and she whispered, "It's been confirmed by a doctor Keith. I'm definitely pregnant." She kept crying and I didn't even know what to say. She sat up and looked at me seriously.

"If you don't want to be with me anymore, I'll understand." She continued to stare at me and I shook my head.

"I'd never leave you Cara. I love you, and when I said that, I meant it. I won’t leave you or this baby. You guys are my life now." She kissed me then. It was like our first kiss. Perfect. I decided then that I wanted to have this family. She was my girlfriend and we'd be tied together no matter what. I loved her. And I would love her forever.

"Thank you. Thank you for being here and not leaving me alone." I kissed her forehead as a you're welcome and and hugged her tightly.

"My parents..." She started crying again.

"We'll tell them together. As a family. Because that's what we are now."

"Now." She says.

"Now what?" I ask.

"We tell them now." I take her hand and walk with her downstairs.

"I'm pregnant." She says once we sit with them. Her father looked away and looked mad. Her mother started to cry.

"Keith's the father."

"Well I sure as hell hope he is the father and it's not some other boy we don't know about!" Her father yells angrilly.

"Robert!" Mrs. Mason says. She glares at him.

"She's our daughter! We love you very much Cara honey. Keith? You're a great young man. And I can see that you're not leaving her and I greatly appreciate that. What you two did was a terrible mistake and a sin, but God will forgive you, and I don't hate you for what you've done. This wasn't planned and I know you two love each other. If you guys need anything, we're here to help." Her father took a deep breath and sighed.

"Baby girl, I love you. I'm a little disappointed and I know that you might think I'm angry but I'm not. I'm just shocked that my baby girl is growing up so fast. Like your mother said, We are here for you kiddo." Chris comes in then with a sad look on his face.

"Cara, no, it's not true." He says. He has tears in his eyes.

"It's true." I say. He runs out the room and we all hear his door slam and jump. Jenna, Cara's older sister, walks in.

"What the hell is going on!?" She yells. Cara started to cry louder and burries her head in my chest. Her mom comes and sits on the other side of Cara, hugs her and cries with her. Mr. Mason spoke first and said, "Cara and Keith are having a baby."

"Are you joking!? This is a joke right?" I shook my head no at her.

"You slut!" She screams. Everyone gasps. I get up immediately and get in her face.

"Don't you ever speak like that to her ever again! She's your sister and she loves you. We didn't plan this, and she isn't a slut if she lost her virginity to me and only slept with me! If anyone's the slut, it's you!" She looks taken aback and runs out the room.

"She deserved it." Her mom said.

Cara got up and ran into the bathroom. Everyone looked at me with eyes wide open. I followed her and knocked on the door. She was throwing up violently. I walked over to her, held her hair and rubbed her back.

"It's going to be okay baby. I'm here." I whisper. I was scared myself. She sounded terrible. When she finished, she was still sitting on the ground breathing hard and fast. I told her to calm down and then she passed out on the floor. I sighed and picked her up I’m my arms. I brought her to her room and gently placed her on her bed. I pulled the covers over her and kissed her forehead lightly. I sighed and walked out the room.

I went to go see how Mrs. Mason was holding up.

"Keith. Thank you." She says. I hug her and she cries softly on me. Mr. Mason had already left and she was alone. I decided to go and see how Chris was doing and went to his room. I knocked on the door and opened it without invitation.

"Hey." I say. He was sitting in his beanbag chair bouncing a little ball.

"You had sex with my sister." He mumbles.

"She's my girlfriend. And you knew I always liked her."

"She's pregnant man! I'm going to be an uncle! My twin sister is pregnant and my best friend impregnated her!" He stood up and got in my face. Then he looked like he was thinking about something and turned around and walked towards his window.

"I love my sister. She's me, but a girl. I trusted you."

"You can still trust me Chris. We didn't plan this. I didn't plan this. I was probably more upset then you at first. My life is over, not yours. I'm going to be a dad, not you. I love her, and this baby. I'll never leave her." He looked at me then and nodded his head.

"You're right. I'm sorry man. It's just hard to see her like this." I nodded and patted his shoulder.

"Everything's going to be okay."