Chapter 22

Chapter 22

Cara

I've seen fights before, but never like this. Never where my fiance was getting beat. It was very scary. If Keith's dad kept going, he probably would have been dead. And when I try to make him stop, I get hurt. I felt one of them kick then. I smile because everytime they kick, it lets me know that everything will be okay. I look up at Keith who was changing his clothes. He looks at me and just knows exactly what I'm thinking. The way I smile when they kick is like nothing else in the world. He shakes his head smiling and puts his shoes on.

"Don't you want to change?" He asks. I look down at the yellow maternity shirt I had on. There was blood all over the sleeves. I nodded and got up. I took a tank top out of my suitcase and a dark blue shall to put over it. I changed my sweats into some white stretchy pants from Aeropostle. I put my Vans on and was ready to go. He kissed my forehead and said lets go.

We were on our way to see the two houses. Ava was downtairs rubbing her small bump when we saw her. We told her lets go and thanked Chris and Rebecka and said good-bye to Delilah, Keith's mom.

The drive there was very long. I had to keep stopping to use the bathroom and Ava had to keep stopping to throw up. I could tell Keith was getting more impatient by the minute, but he was doing a good job staying calm. He kept talking about all the things he seen with house from the pictures. he just never seen the yards and some of the rooms.

We finally got to the first house. It was a nice small family looking home. It had a one car driveway that Keith said he didn't like. Lot's of windows. The first floor had big windows and you could see into the house. The second floor had smaller windows with shutters. The house was a coral like color, almost pink. There was no front porch and theThe man that was showing the home greeted us with smiles and handshakes. He led us into the home's small foyer. The first thing you saw was the stairs. There was a small table next to the door and an alarm system. I liked that. I liked that we could be safe. Although, the house wasn't in much of a neighborhood. It was off a main road which I didn't like. Too many cars and very noisy. To our left was a dining room. It had very little walking space. To our right was a living room. It was big and spacious. I knew Keith would want a big tv. Inside the living room there was another small little office like area closed off with a glass windowed door. We looked inside and it was very small. Then the man took us to the kitchen and the dishwasher was broken. There was a back door that led to the back yard area which I really wanted to see. It was surprisingly very small with no pool. I was already a little disapointed with the house. Ava was too and she whispered to me that she didn't even want to see the bedrooms. Keith did but he was also disappointed. So we left early and went to another part of Laguna Beach.

Ava was getting tired and so was I. We get there and the house is beautiful. It's not too big, it's the perfect size. This was the one that Keith said was his favorite. He apparently had a good eye. The house was white and yellow and there was a large front porch with white wood and beautiful windows. The door was a bright yellow with a small window on the top of it. I smiled at the thought of opening it to tell my girls to come in for lunch. I thought about opening the door to leave for work and bring the girls to school. It had a three car garage which Keith loved and a small birdbath in the front. I looked back at Keith and smiled. I already loved the house.

"This is beautiful guys." Ava says. It was on a street with a great neighborhood and other children were laughing and playing in there yards.

"It really is. Keith, I want it!" He laughs and a woman pulls up in the driveway. She gets out and greats us warmly.

"Good evening Mr. Remmingway. You must be Ms. Mason and Ms.Divine." We were surprised that she knew us and returned the friendly greeting. She told us her name was Kayla Banks and congratulated me on my pregnancy. She showed us the garage first. There was a lot of space and places for storage, including shelves and large bins for toys and bikes. The we went back to the front door into the house. There was a large foyer with a small lighted chandelier and a circular rug in front of the threshold. The was an alarm system here too but this one had a small television screen so that when someone rang the doorbell, you could see who was at the door. The woman took us down the front hallway that led to the kitchen. It was very spacious with a dishwasher and trash disposal. There was an island in the middle of the kitchen with a counter stove and sink. Then she led us into the dining room next to the kitchen, there was an arch instead of a door which was safer for the kids. The dining room was big but it was empty so we had to buy new furniture, which is what I expected.

She led us to the living room and showed us how big and spacious it was. There was a bathroom more towards the front near the hallway. Towards the back of the living room was a sliding glass door that led to the back yard. It was beautiful. The yard was gigantic and there was one huge tree in the back that Keith sugested could be a tree house. But then I reminded him that though the girls might want a place of their own, they might want something on the ground. He just strugged his shoulders and kept looking around. There was a back deck that was large and roomie. There was a medium sized inground pool so Ava would be able to practice her swimming after she had the baby. Ava was so excited to see the water. She hasn't been in the pool all summer.

There was also a shed towards the back. The entire houses property was fenced. We went back inside the living room area and Kayla the real estate agent brought us to the basement. It was very big and there was a bathroom, a laundry area and small kitchen area. It was like a little house! Keith and Ava were walking around, looking at all the little details and he was helping Ava decide on paint colors and carpet colors. The woman, Kayla, was showing me a new edition that the previous owners had added to the home. There was an extra room that they had built in the far east side of the basement. A good size room with a window and the door was painted yellow. It could fit a bed but it could also fit a crib instead. I called Keith and Ava over and she jumped up and down like a little kid.

"Oh my God Cara! This is perfect!" She squealed. I smiled and she hugged me. keith asked if we could see the second floor and she happily agreed. We followed her to the stairway that was in the front foyer. It was a big stairway and you could see upstairs perfectly. It was a little unsafe for the kids to be around there but it would do. It took me a good minute to get upstairs but I did, and when I got there I literally gasped. It was a nice long hall that went left and right, and right at the top of the stairs was a laundry room left and a bathroom on the right of it. I went inside what would be the laundry room that came with a closet for linnens and towels. We had to buy new washers and dryers for up here and the basement. I went into the bathroom that would most likely be the girls bathroom when they got bigger. It was big. It had a big bathtub and a double sink. There was a closet of course and obviously a toilet. And it also came with a seperate walk in shower. To the right of the bathroom were the rooms. The first room we saw was big and had two closets on opposite walls. There was a big window on the back wall. Keith and I thought that this could be the girls room. At that moment I felt one of them kick and I smiled. We left the room and went to the one next door. There was a big gap between the rooms and Kayla told us that the walls weren't thin like a lot of walls. The ceilings were high too, just like Keiths house. He liked that. The room that we decided would be ours was beautiful. It had a balcony and large windows. This room also had two closets. Both walk-ins but one was bigger than the other. I jokingly called dibs on the bigger one and we all laughed. The room also came with a bathroom. It looked exactly like the other bathroom. We left that room to go see what was on the other side of the hall. To our surprise there was another room. About the same size as the room that would be the girls room but this one came with a bathroom like ours, and only one closet. then I remembered that Keith had told me it was a three bedroom home. We all went down the stairs and I was very impressed with the home. I'm sure this was a lot better than the house my parents would be moving to. I was so excited. Keith and I held hands walking out the house. Keith talked to Kayla about some finall descisions and payment methods. Ava and I asked about the neighborhood and if there were any stores around here. She told us that just down the street there were four different kinds of resaurants and two fast food restaurants. Also there was a Dunkin Donuts which made Ava elated. Plus this was a safe and crime free neighborhood. We all knew that this house was it. Keith told the Kayla we wanted the house and she put a sold sticker on the for sale sigh. Ava and I hugged Keith and we all laughed and got into the car. Now that that was done, I just needed to find a way to talk Keith into trading his car in.