Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Cara

I woke up the next morning exhausted. We talked most of the night about the party. Ava really likes Alex and now they're together. She thinks it's going a little too fast but already gave him the rules. Ava's a virgin and we made a promise to God that we wouldn't have sex until we get married. We go to the same church and have the same beliefs. It's funny because Rebbecca is the complete opposite. She lost her virginity when she was 15. I look up at the clock on her nightstand and sigh. It's Sunday and we slept in late and missed church. Now, I'm not a Jesus freak, and I don't exactly like going to church every Sunday, but I believe He exists. I got up and went downstairs and saw that Mrs. Divine and Timmy had already left. Mr. Divine died in a car accident 2 years ago so he's not around anymore.

So she had left waffles and sausages and eggs already set on the table for us so I heated up my plate and started eating. I hear yawning coming down the hall and see Ava and Beca slowly behind rubbing their eyes and scratching their heads.

"Good morning sunshine, good morning princess." I say and I smile. Ava sits down at the table and puts her head down.

"I'm tired!" She mumbles. Becca walks over to the couch and sprawls herself all over it.

"Shut up Cara. Who the hell gets up this early and makes all that noise just to leave the damn room!?" I laugh and she turns on the TV.

"Where's your mama dukes?" Becca says.

"Probably at church." Says Ava. I nod and ask them if they want to eat. They say yes and I go to heat up their food. After we finish eat, we get up and take our showers and get dressed.

All day, all we did was watch TV and do nails. And when Mrs. Divine came home, we ate dinner and played Monopoly together. Soon it's 7 o'clock and I get a text from Keith.

"Guys, Keith's going to pick me up at 8." They come over to me and tell me I look a mess. I laugh and we get our things and head to my place.

When we got there, Chris was in a bad mood. I guess him and my mom got into an argument but he wouldn't talk to us about it. My house was a god size. We had 4 bedrooms and a big backyard, 3 bathrooms and of course the obvious, a kitchen and a family room. My brother's in the family room watching a football game with my dad, constantly screaming at the TV. My little sister, Leah, was in our room playing with Ramona, Rebbecca's little sister, and my my big sister Jenna is with my mom in the yard talking about God know's what. We go upstairs into my bedroom and Ava closed the door behind her and sighs.

"It's so hot Cara. I kinda dislike the spring. It's just so iffy. It could be hot. chilly. raining, or just icky!" I turn on the A.C and lay on my bed. Leah looks up from playing with Ramona and pouts.

"We took off the A.C because it was cold!" She whines.

"Put a sweater on!" I say.

"But I left my sweater at home!" Ramona whines. Becca gets off the bed an puts her hands on her hips.

"Then go home!" Becca says coldly. Becca can't stand Mona. That's her nickname. Mona isn't a bad kid, she's just really spoiled.

"Don't listen to her Mona, you can stay here as LONG as you want." Leah says with a devilish smile on her face. Now Leah!? She's a pretty bad kid. My mom and Dad don't see it, but she's SO devious. One time in middle school when Becca slept over, she put glue in her hair. All because Becca told her that she whines too much. Which was true! I roll my eyes and ignore her.

"Guys, we have 45 minutes." I whine. Becca puts the flat iron on and walks over to my closet.

"Wear this dress." She pulls out a light pink knee length pencil dress with sequins on the straps and a huge hot pink bow on the back.