Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Keith

Cara...how does one describe her...

She's one of a kind. I really care about her. And ever since that night, the night we made love, I knew she was the one. I know, not something you'd typically hear from a guy...but I just wanna make her the happiest girl alive. It's been an entire month exactly. At times I feel bad for rushing into things as fast as I did. I mean, we went on two dates. And then We were steady for not even a full day and we did it.. But I don't regret it. It was truefully the most amazing night of my life. Now our realationship is just amazing. And the relationships between her parents and I are great too. Ever since the fishing trip with Mr. Mason, We've been getting along great. Him and my dad are like best friends now. I help Mrs. Mason mow her lawn every Saturday and don't ask for a dime. She likes me too. But me and Cara are great together. I bring her to school everyday and walk her to her classes. After school I drop her off at home and sometimes she comes over. Her and my mom get along so well. Sometimes my mom invites her over herself. They even talk on the phone, which is kind of strange but I allow it. My dad met her. He likes her and always greets her with a hug. I'm still mad at him but he doesn't know that I know yet.

Anyway, schools out and I can't wait to spend the summer with her. She got a job at a resturant as a waitress last week and was so excited. She started today this afternoon. Today's Sunday and I went to church with her and her family. I don't usually go to church but she persuaded me to go. My mom goes to church and so does my sister and her family but me and dad usually stay home and watch football. She texted me to tell me how great work is going. I reply that I'm proud of her and tell her I'll meet her at the park after she gets off work. I hear a knock on my door then and Alicia walks in. Oh yeah, her and her mom and sister came over Friday night and told us they needed a place to stay and my mom welcomed them with open arms and her old southern hospitallity. So Alicia took Kaitlynns old room down the hall and she keeps inviting herself into my room and on my bed.

"Hay K.j!" She's been calling me that since she's gotten here. My middle name is James and she found out from my mom so she's been calling me that since.

"Hi." I was busy texting Cara. She was on her break and I wanted to call her but Alicia was here.

"Do you wanna go in the pool? I'm bored." She whines.

"Ask Allyson or my mom." I reply blankly barely paying attention to her.

"They went to the mall to get clothes." She continued to whine annoyingly.

"Well, I don't want to, okay?" I barked out. She was irratating the hell out of me and I wanted her to leave.

"Alright! Who are you texting anyway?" She questioned angrilly. "Your best buddy!?" She said in a mocking tone.

"No. My girlfriend." I looked up to see her reaction. It was priceless. Her mouth fell opened and I laughed loudly.

"Are you serious?" She looked so disappointed.

"Yah, she hasn't been over all weekend but you'll meet her tomorrow when I bring her home from school." I smile mockingly and laugh again.

"Are you serious?" She asks again. I nod and smile. She leaves the room with her arms folded and stomping. I lay back on my bed and smile to myself. I don't want anyone but cara. She calls me then, right on time.

"I love you." Was the first thing I said.

"Aw, I love you too baby. Um, is it alright if I come over tonight instead of the park?"

"Uh..." I thought for a moment and remembered that Alicia was here. "I guess so. Why?"

"I miss you. I want to sleep over too. Is that okay? I kind of want to talk to you about something." Uh oh. She hasn't said that yet in our relationship.

"What's wrong?"

"I have to go, I'll be there in 15 minutes." She hung up then. She sounded very upset. I didn't like how this was going. I got up from my bed and went to Alicia's room.

"Come in!"

"My girlfriends coming over and we need to talk about something important. Can you just not bother us for a little while?" I looked at her with a serious face and she pouted.

"I thought I was going to meet her!" I sighed and rolled my eyes. I swear she acted as if she was three. She's 16 and is the most immature girl I've ever known.

"Yeah, maybe after we talk. I'll bring her here in your room when we're done. Okay?" She smiled and I left the room. I went downstairs into the kitchen and grabbed a fruit bar and sat on our couch. I heard a knock on the door and soon Cara was inside.

"Keith?" She called out looking for me.

"I'm in here!" I yelled back. I finally got to see her in her cute waitress uniform. She smiled and spun slowly in a small circle. I clapped and whistled at her. She giggled and sat next to me.

"How was the first day at work?" Her face changed and she looked sad and very serious.

"I thought it went great?" I said. She looked around the room and down the hall and back at me.

"Can we go to your room?" I nodded and I followed her up there. When we got to my room she sat down on my bed and I closed the door.

"What's going on?" She patted the bed next to her and told me to sit. I sat down and she began to cry. I hugged her and got more and more confused. I hope she wasn't breaking up with me.

"Babe?" She looked up at me and said,

"I'm pregnant."

I stared at her in shock and disbelief. I was speechless. I felt like my heartbeat had stopped. She stared into my eyes and waited for me to respond. I stared back hoping she would start laughing and kiss me and say it was a prank. I even looked around for cameras. She let go of me and got up. She started pacing my room and turned to look at me.

"Are you going to say anything!?" She yelled. I knew she was upset but I really didn't know what to say. I'm 17 years old in 11th grade. I already have scholarships for college. I can't be a dad! But then I looked at her again. The girl I loved was carrying my baby, our baby.

"Wow." Was all I managed to say. She started crying again. I know she probably needed more than that. I got up and picked up a glass of water and took a sip.

"Keith. Talk to me." I took a deep breath and sighed.

"Did you take a test?" I said. She walked over to me and nodded.

"What did it say?" I said.

"That I'm pregnant Keith!!" She screamed. Obviously. I didn't know what else to say. I was so shocked.

"I can't think right now Cara." She shook her head.

"Then I'll leave. But the next time you talk to me, if you would, I'll still be pregnant Keith!" She walked out and slammed my door. I heard the front door slam shortly after. Alicia barges through my room and said, "I didn't even get to meet her!"