Chapter 32

Chapter 32

Cara

Ava never came back after that night. She ignored my calls and texts. She never called and ignored Becca’s calls as well. I was worried about her. I had no idea where she could have been! I just hoped she wasn’t on the streets. I hoped she was safe.

I walked over to the closet and grabbed my suitcases. Mrs. Borges had called me the next morning tell me that she couldn’t find a place. But she did find a three bedroom apartment. I told her about Ava and she just said she had no idea…which was true so I couldn’t blame her…I just took it, just in case Ava needed me.

It’s been a week since then. I just told her that I needed a week and that I would just move then. I wanted to wait for her. I’m her best friend and I just wanted to make sure she was okay. I’d always be there for her…

A week had past and I was so lonely. It was just me and my babies in this crappy motel. I didn’t want to feel sorry for myself because it would be so childish. I needed to be strong for my little girls. I needed to raise them right.

Turtle Ridge in Irvine CA. I kept telling myself that all morning. I was packing and trying to get everything ready. It was hard because I didn’t have much money to hire a moving truck. I called Chris and he said he couldn’t. He really wanted to but he was working. I had no one to help me. Everyone was either in school or busy. So once again…alone. The guy who worked at the motel helped me out a bit. He helped me put the things into my car. I didn’t have enough space but it would do for now.

I was finally finished with packing and ready to go. Turtle Ridge, I told myself again. I sighed and started the car. I thanked the man and drove off.  Luckily I had a GPS or else I’d totally be lost. It took me a while to get there. Twenty six minutes to be exact.

When I got there, I saw that Mrs. Borges was already there waiting for me. She smiled and handed me two sets of keys. I thanked her politely.

“Oh, don’t worry about it honey! This place is great for you. It looks a little…rough, but I know once your family and friends aren’t available, they will help you make it home.” She said. I smiled and she offered to help bring my things inside. She made sure and gotten an apartment that was on the first floor so that I wouldn’t do much walking. It was a little troop down a long hallway, but once I got there I was relieved. Number 16A. I smiled and visualized walking to this door everyday with my little girls. I opened the door with my brand new keys and stepped inside my new home.

Wow, this place wasn’t too bad. The first thing I saw when I walked into the apartment was the kitchen. It wasn’t that big but it was perfect for me. It came with marble counters and a nice two door fridge. Then I saw the living area. I wouldn’t necessarily call it a room but it was more of an area. I smile and picture the play pins and the girls watching TV. Then I walked into a small hallway to where the bedrooms were. I saw that the first bedroom was a good size and it had one small closet which would work. The next room was opposite the first room but more down the hall. It was small but it was also a good size. The closet in there was big and there was a large window. The last room was the biggest, it had a large closet that had a lot of space. It also had three windows.  I figured that would be the girls room. Only because they would need more space than me.  I would take the first room and the smaller room…I don’t know, maybe for Ava when she came to her senses.

When I walked to the end of the hall, I noticed the bathroom. It was really big which made up for the fact that there was only one. I went back over to Mrs. Borges and hugged her as much as I could. We laughed because I was so huge. She told me that if I needed anything I could call her and she left. I sighed looking at the apartment…alone. It made me a little sad but, I had to do this. I walked over to the first room and stood there. I looked around and smiled.