Chapter 45: Not A Kiss

Cameron's POV

I leaned in to kiss Amber's cheek but before I could get even two inches closer to her face, she put a hand in my chest, not allowing me to lean foward.

"I think you should go home" she said removing her hand from my chest.

"Okay. But I wasn't gonna kiss you on the lips, just on the cheek. Although, now that I've thought about it, those lips are tempting" I chuckled rudely.

"You're an ass" she said storming off.

"That I am" I said and she just threw her hands in the air making a weird frustrating sound and walking away.

Amber's POV

I walked up the stairs and opened my bedroom door. Walking inside, and closing it behind me. I stood there for a minute or two watching Ricky sleep peacefully. I was changing into my pj's and heard Ricky chuckling a bit.

I looked back and he was staring at me. Freakishly.

"Don't stop on my account" he said. I ignored him and finished changing. I climbed into my bed and snuggled up to Ricky's chest.

"Sing something" he demanded. I looked at him confused and he let out a chuckle. "I haven't heard you sing in a while"

"Um. If I remember correctly, you haven't heard me sing at all"

"Yeah. Sometimes I listen to you sing while you're in the shower" he pointed out.

"You stalker!" I giggled playfully hitting his chest.

"Sing. C'mon" he said half awake.

"You are pretty drunk so you won't remember most of it. So sure. What the hell"

I started singing 'Not About Angels' by Birdy. Ever since The Fault In Our Stars, I've had that song stuck in my head throughout the years.

We know full well there's just time
So is it wrong to toss this line?
If your heart was full of love
Could you give it up?

'Cause what about, what about angels?
They will come, they will go, make us special

Don't give me up
Don't give...
Me up

How unfair, it's just our luck
Found something real that's out of touch
But if you'd searched the whole wide world
Would you dare to let it go?

'Cause what about, what about angels?
They will come, they will go, make us special

Don't give me up
Don't give...
Me up

'Cause what about, what about angels?
They will come, they will go, make us special

It's not about not about angels, angels

"I love you" he commented after I finished.

"You must love me after hearing me sing and not running away" I giggled.

"I love your voice too" he smirked as he drew circles with his hand on my back.

I smiled and kissed his neck quickly before closing my eyes and falling asleep.

.

.

.

"Wake up" Ricky yelled jumping on top of me. I fluttered my eyes open and there he was, towering on top of me.

"Get off you freak!" I said pushing him off and running away from him. He came after me while I ran down the stairs. When I reached the bottom I accidentally fell and Ricky did too. He was towering over me once again and we were both out of breath and laughing. He leaned in for a soft quick kiss and so did I. I heard a cough in the background and we both stood up. Maddie, Nash, Joey, Hayes and Cameron were in the living room with a few bags around them.