Chapter 28: The Party Part 2

Amber's POV

"Why the hell were you guys fighting?!" I asked and they both had guilty looks on their faces.

"I need to talk to you" Jason answered.

"No" Cameron aggressively answered for me.

"It's okay" I said confused.

"C'mon" Jason said as he pointed towards the slidding doors that lead to the backyard.

We sat at a round table in my backyard. Jason was facing me now. He had a hurt look in his eyes.

"What's wrong?" I asked actually feeling a little bit worried.

"Remember how we used to be? We were so close" a tear escaped from his eye and rolled down his cheek.

"Yeah. Of course I remember. We were good together to be honest. Just not meant to be" I replied honestly.

"You don't know that!" he snapped sounding a bit hurt.

"Yeah Jason! I do!" I raised my voice, "You're with Stacy. I'm with Cameron. And I don't know about you, but I'm really happy. He treats me like a princess. Even if I don't act like one. I love him, only him" I snapped and he had a furious look on his face. He stood up and walked over to a chair next to me. He sat down and pulled it closer and closer until he was right next to me.

"He cheated on you!" he said and I was shocked. Did Cameron tell him? But why? Probably just to make him jealous. Whatever. He was gonna find out sooner or later.

"That was just a misunderstanding. The girl kissed him, but I wouldn't believe him" I snapped and he got up once again. I got up too so I could face him.

"You forgave him! And not me!"

"I did because with Cameron it's different. He's different. I love him" I replied.

"Oh. And what? You didn't love me?" he asked hurt.

"I guess I didn't enough to forgive you"

"Really?"

"Really" I replied.

Next thing I know he pulled my body against his and I felt a chill run down my spine.

"Tell me you don't feel anything when I touch you" he asked with hope filling his every words.

"I don't" I lied and walked into the house. Of course I felt something when he touched me. I felt betrayal, anger, sadness and happiness. He hurt me. A lot. Of course I was over him. But feelings just don't vanish. They're always there. Always. They're just not as strong as they used to be. They're weak. Very weak.

"What did he want?" Nash asked a bit protectively. He's been like a brother to me ever since I got here. Always protecting me. It's so adorable.

"Nothing. Just Jason being Jason" I said faking a smile and walking over to Cameron.

"Are you okay?" he asked hugging me.

"Yeah" I replied and he kissed my forehead.

"Wanna get outta here and go grab some ice cream?" he asked and I nodded. We were both pretty sober right now. But he was more sober than me so he drived.

I ordered some vanilla ice cream and Cameron did too.

We sat in the car and ate the ice cream.

"So what did Jason wanna talk about?" he asked.

"About our feelings towards each other" I answered honestly.

"What feelings?" he snapped.

"He basically tried to convince me I still love him"