Chapter 36: Never Trust An Ex

Amber's POV

"Bye guys" I said engulfing Joey, Maddie and Ricky in a group hug.

"Bye" they replied at the same time.

I grabbed my bag and closed the front door to Maddie's house behind me.

The entire ride home I played 'Heart Break Girl' by 5sos nonstop. These boys are just so amazing. Even though Luke's my favorite, Calum's voice is just so angelic. I love it.

I parked in the driveway of my home and noticed there was a unfamiliar car infront of my house.

"Mom?" I called out after opening the door to my house.

I heard giggling and my Mom appeared in her nightgown and hugged me.

"Sweetie! I missed you so much! How was staying at Maddie's?" she asked smiling.

"It was great. But uh, why were you giggling and why are you still in your nightgown at 3 o'clock?" I asked and she looked down, "Mom? Is there a man in the house? Are you sleeping with him?" I gasped.

"Shhh! Yes. His name is Carl and he's a doctor. He's not married or anything, I checked. I really like him" she blushed.

"Ew! Mom! There will be no men in the house when I'm home!" I whispered/yelled.

"I'm sorry sweetie. I didn't realise you were coming home today. I thought you were coming back tomorrow" she explained.

"Still. Ew. But I'm glad you're happy again." I smiled and so did she.

I went up the stairs. When I walked pass my Mom's bedroom a middle aged man with dark brown hair and light brown eyes came out.

"Wait. I know you" I began, "You're the doctor that took care of my boyfriend, Cameron, when he had the car accident!" I remembered.

"Oh yeah. Cameron. Lucky boy. You must be Amber" he said shaking my hand.

"Hmm. Well, Dr. Flinn right?" he nodded, "I aprove you and my Mom dating. Just keep it PG while I'm in the house please"

"Will do. Lovely meeting you. For the second time" he said walking away.

Cameron's POV

I jumped up from the bed in shock.

"What the actual hell!" I yelled putting a shirt on.

"Relax" Lauren stated rubbing her forehead.

"What do you mean relax?!" I said freaking out.

"Nothing happened" she replied.

"Really?"

"Yeah. You wouldn't stop talking about Amber and how you love her and shit. You really love her, don't you?" she frowned looking at the ground.

"Yeah. But wait. How do you explain us sleeping in the same bed and me not having a shirt on?" I asked.

"You spilled a drink on your shirt and passed out before you could get another one on. And you didn't want me out in the streets that late at night, so you demanded I stay here" she explained.

"You sure that what happened?"

"1,000%" she confirmed.

"Good" I said walking into the living room.

"Bro!" Carter whispered behind me.

"What?" I asked and he smiled.

"We have company" he said excited.

"I know. Lauren"

"Nope. Cassie" he corrected.

"Wait what? She stayed the night? Did something happen?" I gasped.

"Everything happened" he chuckled.

"You're not gonna just dump her right?" I asked making sure he wouldn't be a jerk to her.

"No. But we both just want something simple" he replied.

Lauren's POV

I heard Cam's phone ringing. It was Amber. I picked it up knowing she would think Cameron is seeing someone else. I've always loved Cameron, and this is the only way to be with him. I think.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Um hi. Who's this?" Amber asked innocently throught the phone.

"No one. If you're looking for Cameron he's just grabing something for me from the fridge. He'll be right back" I lied. Amber hung up.

"Is everything okay?" Cameron said entering the bedroom after I deleted his last call and put the phone were it originally was.

"Everything's perfect" I smiled.

A/N hello my cuties! Thank you guys for 3.5k! love you! Oh and I'm sorry I made Lauren so bitchy. I know she's not like that. It's just for the story guys! Oh and the next chapter I will drop a BOMB none of you expected. I apologize in advance😘