Chapter 17: Friends?

Amber's POV

"Earth to Amber" I heard Maddie say as she waved her hand in front of my face.

"Huh?" was all that came out.

"You kinda spaced out there, weirdo. Anyways-" she was suddenly cut off.

"Hey" Tyler greeted.

"Um I'm gonna go look for Nash and Jake... Yo Nash!" Maddie nearly screamed while running towards Nash.

"Hi. What are you so happy about superstar?" I asked noticing the huge smile on his face.

"I don't know. I'm in a good mood I guess." he replied while opening his locker, getting his books, and then closing it again.

"Ugh why does it have to be Monday?" I pouted leaning my head against my locker.

"Cause a week has passed since last Monday. Duh" the 'smartass' answered. "Anyways, shall we go to hell. AKA Math." his hand was leading the way while he bowed. I just giggled and followed.

.

.

.

After an entire day of brain exercises, I headed back home with Maddie.

"So Maddie. You and Nash?" I asked. I couldn't help but feel like they had feelings for each other.

"Amber. Stop. You're always asking me about Nash. We're best friends and that's it. He is cute and all. With those blue eyes and mesmerizing smile... Anyways, I have Jake. He loves me and I love him. End of story." she snapped.

"Remind me never to ask you about your frienships again" I joked.

.

.

.

As I was walking towards my house door, I saw Cameron sitting on the porch.

"Hey stranger" I greeted while he looked up.

"Hey doll face" he smiled and I blushed.

"Um so you said we would go back to being best friends. Can we start now? I mean, if it's okay with you and all" he asked staring at the ground.

"Cameron." he looked directly at my eyes. "I would love that. A fresh start. As friends." I reminded Cameron as well as myself.

"I'm Cameron." he joked while putting his hand out.

"Amber" I replied shaking his hand.

"Um want some left over pizza? Or... OMFG we have ice cream!" I practically yelled after we entered my kitchen.

"YASS" he replied while jumping onto the couch. The falling off.

"Haha. Oh my god Cameron! You clumpsy idiot." my eyes were filled with water from laughing and so were his. After laughing I helped him up.

"Aw the ice cream bowl is empty! MOM! Why does she do this to me?" At this point I had a puppy face and Cameron just laughed at me.

"We have Nutella... and peanut butter"

"YAY!" Cameron screamed like a little kid.

"I still can't believe you prefer peanut butter over Nutella" I remembered.

"Yeah, I know. But hey, more Nutella for you." he joked while I handed him the peanut butter and a spoon. I took a spoonful out of my Nutella.

"Touché" I agreed putting the spoonful of Nutella in my mouth.

"I missed you best friend" Cameron said while punching my arm softly.

"Well that was awkward" I replied and he just nodded. We burst out laughing. "But I missed you too"

We both smiled.

"Wanna watch Gossip Girl on Netflix?" I asked Cameron and he nodded. He surprisingly liked it.

"Wanna cuddle? I'm cold" Cameron asked after we started watching. I raised one eyebrow. "Just as friends, Amber. Although I doubt you will be able to resist this." he joked with a sexy smile on his face. Damn it.

"You're so in love with yourself Cam" I replied while beginning to cuddle with him. He just smirked.

Before falling asleep, I swear I heard Cameron say,

"Actually, I'm in love with you"

A/N SURPRISE DOUBLE UPDATE

Stay weird