Chapter 7: The First Kiss

Amber's POV

It's been a week since I broke up with Jason. I've ignored all of his calls and texts. I really don't want to listen to him right now, maybe I will later, but not now.

Things between Cam and I have gotten a bit weird. I mean, we're still best friends. But I don't know if I have feelings for him. I shouldn't. I just got out of a relationship and I don't want to mess things up with Cameron.

Cameron's POV

After Amber gets out of school today, I am determined to find out why she's been acting so weird. I won't ask her why, I'll just try to figure it out by myself.

....

"Hey doll face!" I greeted while pulling Amber into a hug.

"Hey Cam" she said while slowly pulling away.

"So how have you been?" I asked while hoping this conversation wouldn't turn out to be awkward.

"I'm fine Cameron, really I am. You don't have to ask everytime we talk to each other. Okay?" she answered.

"Fine. But remember I'm always here for you doll face." I told her while gently putting a stroke of hair behind her ear.

Amber's POV

My stomach instantly filled with butterflies. Our eyes met as he smiled. His smile is just perfect. I couldn't help but smile too. When I realised this moment could lead to something, I looked away.

"Umm, so do you wanna go grab something to eat?" Cameron asked me.

"Sure." this is what I meant when I said everytime we where together, it was a bit awkward.

...

"Cam, can I ask you something?" I asked while he gave me a confused look.

"Of course." he immediatly answered.

"Do you think I've been acting a bit weird?"

Cameron's POV

"Depends on what you meam by weird. I mean, you're always a bit weird, in a good way. But if you mean like awkward weird, then yeah a little bit." I answered relieved that she noticed the awkwardness between us lately.

"Cameron, what do you think people see in me? I mean, like friends and stuff. Cause, from my point of view I'm as weird as they come. I don't know how people like me" she chuckled but I noticed a small frown forming on her lips.

"Hey" I said lifting her chin with my finger. "It's better to be weird and unique than ordinary. Ordinary's just boring. And you are not. You're amazing"

Amber's POV

I couldn't help it. That was really cute.

"Cameron, I..." he immediatly cut me off. But this time he didn't cut me off with words. Instead, he placed his heart shaped plump lips on mine. He wrapped his arms around my waist and I put mine on his neck. Slowly making their way to his hair. I instantly felt my stomach fill with butterlfies. Hell, I felt the whole fucking zoo.

"I've been wanting to do that for a long time." he said after he slowly ended the kiss.